TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

V7 and nav updates?

Discussion in 'Model S: User Interface' started by mikeg561, Oct 14, 2015.

1. mikeg561

mikeg561 Member

I tried to read all 10,000,0000 posts about v7...really I did. :)

I did not see much speculation or information about V7 and any navigation updates. Are there any? Anything significant? Will we have to wait until V7.1 for USABLE navigation and anti-range anxiety updates?

Mike

2. brianman

brianman Burrito Founder

Point of clarification: Are you having issues with navigation [generally] or "Trip Planner (Beta)" [specifically]?

3. msnow

msnow Active Member

Have to agree. There's a lot of exciting info on AP and I'm anxious to try it all out but, to me at least, trusting my navigation system is so much more important on a day-to-basis. I can't imagine a scenario where I would let AP follow the navigation directions and feel relaxed about it. Hopefully they fixed it or disassociated it from autopilot.

4. Saghost

Saghost Active Member

I'm not 100% certain, but I don't think the 7.0 version of Autopilot will do any following of Nav directions. AFAIK, Tesla hasn't said anything about connecting those dots - v7.0 will just follow the current lane until you tell it to switch lanes or disengage it.

I *do* expect to see Autopilot following Nav eventually - but first it has to mature into something that can change lanes, or at least prompt you to tell it when it can change lanes.
    Walter