Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

V7 and nav updates?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I tried to read all 10,000,0000 posts about v7...really I did. :)

I did not see much speculation or information about V7 and any navigation updates. Are there any? Anything significant? Will we have to wait until V7.1 for USABLE navigation and anti-range anxiety updates?

Mike

Have to agree. There's a lot of exciting info on AP and I'm anxious to try it all out but, to me at least, trusting my navigation system is so much more important on a day-to-basis. I can't imagine a scenario where I would let AP follow the navigation directions and feel relaxed about it. Hopefully they fixed it or disassociated it from autopilot.

Have to agree. There's a lot of exciting info on AP and I'm anxious to try it all out but, to me at least, trusting my navigation system is so much more important on a day-to-basis. I can't imagine a scenario where I would let AP follow the navigation directions and feel relaxed about it. Hopefully they fixed it or disassociated it from autopilot.

I'm not 100% certain, but I don't think the 7.0 version of Autopilot will do any following of Nav directions. AFAIK, Tesla hasn't said anything about connecting those dots - v7.0 will just follow the current lane until you tell it to switch lanes or disengage it.

I *do* expect to see Autopilot following Nav eventually - but first it has to mature into something that can change lanes, or at least prompt you to tell it when it can change lanes.
Walter