TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

V7 - Apps not Displayed

Discussion in 'Model S: User Interface' started by CaptDaveHowe, Oct 19, 2015.

Tags:
  1. CaptDaveHowe

CaptDaveHowe Member

I've had my new Model S 85 for just about two weeks when V7 was downloaded. Reading the notes regarding the apps, it seems some are not displaying on my MS. Actually, the right section of apps, controlled by the thumb roll on the steering wheel remain the same. The clock, as well the other mentioned upgraded apps are not there. The rest of the driving displays featured in the center of the dash are there and very impressive. I am wondering why the apps are not there though. Any thoughts?:confused:

2. FlatSix911

FlatSix911 918 Hybrid

Are you holding down the scroll wheel for a few seconds and then rolling through the apps?

3. CaptDaveHowe

CaptDaveHowe Member

Yea, there is no problem with the operation. I can still scroll through the apps as normal. Just that the updated ones noted as part of V7 are not there.

4. msnow

msnow Active Member

Which apps are you seeing. If you see the clock and tire icons then the new ones are there.

5. Duma

Duma Member

Based on your signature, looks like you are an experienced S60 owner who recently upgraded or added an S85, so I assume you tried the obvious, which is to reboot both the main console and the instrument display.

I also assume the S85 has AP hardware. Classic S85 without AP hardware (built before ~10/2014) got a slightly different UI and I haven't followed that closely enough to know how the Apps were affected.

6. ecarfan

ecarfan Well-Known Member

OP says he has a "new" S 85 so I assume it has AP hardware and therefore should have the latest TPMS. The new car status app showing tire pressures, and the new date/time clock app should be available.
    "Classic" Model S do not get the tire pressure display but do get the new clock app.

To the OP: the new and the old apps should be available on either side of the drivers display by holding down a scroll wheel and then scrolling through the choices. Take the car to your local Service Center and see if they can get the new apps to display.

7. garygid

garygid Member

Look for the "apps" on the left side.
    My useless clock, and the wheel (with nice tire pressures) are there.

8. FlatSix911

FlatSix911 918 Hybrid

Yes, it is fun to monitor the tire pressures as they rise due to increased speed and driving distance. :cool:

v7-0_1.png

9. CaptDaveHowe

CaptDaveHowe Member

Noting the comment from Flatfix911 I tried again pushing the selector switch and it worked. I'm not sure if I just didn't push it definitively before or if the apps popped up after a restart. In any case, the apps are appearing and are really cool. You are correct Duma, this is my second Model S, upgrading to the 85. Enjoyed my 2013 60, really enjoying my 2015 85. Thanks everyone.

10. FlatSix911

FlatSix911 918 Hybrid

Glad to hear this ... congrats!