Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

V8.0 rant

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
They need to make auto-lock geofenced so one can set it to not auto-lock at home. Such a simple feature that should be there in the first place, not via OTA updates (if ever). That's not going to be a "new feature" if ever released, that's a bug fix.

I already submitted that feature request to Tesla. If more people request this they might actually do something about it!
How do you submit a feature request?

My X lights turn on and mirrors unfold now whenever I get in close proximity to the car (with keyfob) with v8.0.

While I don't mind this feature, does anyone know how to disable this auto approach feature if I want to later turn it off? Thx

Interesting, mirrors unfolded and spoiler went up this morning when I went downstairs and approached the car. All I had with me was my phone and my fobs were two levels up.

Also, my wife has noticed that drive suspension is defaulting to low. Has anyone else noticed that with 8.0?

btw: generally like 8.0 EXCEPT USB/XM Radio but agree that AP seems rudimentary with the vehicle not staying in the middle of the lane as well as 7.1. It's as if they are back to square one with history.

Last edited:
^^^^
My comment on S forum's 8.0 USB bug list:

Reworked my file structure (90GB) to only go down 3 levels with sub-folders nested underneath....loaded within a minute and at least I can see things on one page.

However, have embedded PDF within albums & have run music tag editor to no avail. System still loads albums improperly stripping songs off the album and placing in another album (Sinatra music in particular) despite having them organized in a proper folder with PDF album art. Thus, Tesla is still using an outside source to determine where songs should go....how stupid is that?

Do the programmers even listen to music? As I noted earlier, XM is far worse and so difficult to traverse the entire channel list. You need to create favorites at certain numbers to make it easier to get to a desired chanel vs. hitting forward/back key 100 times. Why they don't have a full channel list with quick select to numbers 1-25, 26-50, etc. is beyond me plus since they are accessing satellite it would be very easy to list station name, song player and artist as separate queries and listed in a manner where you could see the entire XM channel list by scrolling. BMW has done that for years...just copy their approach.

Finally, if I go in by folder some albums load properly; others, go 1, 10, 11, 2, etc.. Have used music tag editor to no avail/fix.

Spend a lot of time for nothing....What a mess.....

However, have embedded PDF within albums & have run music tag editor to no avail.
I think it was reported that the embedded artwork can only be jpg (maybe also png?)
Finally, if I go in by folder some albums load properly; others, go 1, 10, 11, 2, etc.. Have used music tag editor to no avail/fix.
It's alpha sorting so did you do 1, 2, 3 or 01, 02, 03?

Just passing on what I have seen reported by others. My car is still firmly planted on 7.1

It would be nice to be able to click on the media player artwork and just have it fill the screen or something. The interface just looks so crowded right now like a Porsche with all its buttons.

The map needs to show the icons but have the options to hide them if we want to. This default no choice option is a little off-putting to say the least.

Regenerative braking seems weaker. I loved how it was before and was wishing my "S" was the same.

Haven't used AP enough to know but perhaps it is learning? I don't know.

Everything else is a wash so far. The fwd opening and closing faster is a definite plus.

^^^^
My comment on S forum's 8.0 USB bug list:

Reworked my file structure (90GB) to only go down 3 levels with sub-folders nested underneath....loaded within a minute and at least I can see things on one page.

However, have embedded PDF within albums & have run music tag editor to no avail. System still loads albums improperly stripping songs off the album and placing in another album (Sinatra music in particular) despite having them organized in a proper folder with PDF album art. Thus, Tesla is still using an outside source to determine where songs should go....how stupid is that?

Do the programmers even listen to music? As I noted earlier, XM is far worse and so difficult to traverse the entire channel list. You need to create favorites at certain numbers to make it easier to get to a desired chanel vs. hitting forward/back key 100 times. Why they don't have a full channel list with quick select to numbers 1-25, 26-50, etc. is beyond me plus since they are accessing satellite it would be very easy to list station name, song player and artist as separate queries and listed in a manner where you could see the entire XM channel list by scrolling. BMW has done that for years...just copy their approach.

Spend a lot of time for nothing....What a mess.....
Hey Sorry to hear you're having these issues (I feel somewhat responsible) :oops:. Although, I am having a different experience with AP, less weaving for me. I noticed the time of day and the position of the sun, affects AP's precision for me. I dont use USB for music but There are some simple changes that can be made that would improve it significantly. My biggest beef is the new A/C control mixing in outside air when recycle is selected and auto is turned OFF. Hope someone is reading this thread.

Hey Sorry to hear you're having these issues (I feel somewhat responsible) :oops:. Although, I am having a different experience with AP, less weaving for me. I noticed the time of day and the position of the sun, affects AP's precision for me. I dont use USB for music but There are some simple changes that can be made that would improve it significantly. My biggest beef is the new A/C control mixing in outside air when recycle is selected and auto is turned OFF. Hope someone is reading this thread.

How do you know outside air is being mixed after the 8.0 update?

AP update: just drove up US17 & I40 from NC coast to Triangle. AP still has a tendency to exit in a divided highway setting both by itself and when following another car plus on I40 the vehicle decided twice to take an exit vs. staying on I40 (second time to take I95 North).

I also make it a point to take over steering from AP when there is a disabled car on side of highway....worry that X is going to "follow".

Was on US 421 for a bit since parts of I40 was flooding and was glad i had bio-defense setting. There was a diesel truck in front of me that was spewing black soot in the air and not any of it entered my cabin....

btw: regen is awful with 8.0. I don't think one pedal driving is a full time reality anymore. i wonder if they dialed back regen because of front end shudder/failures.....

The AP is almost unusable now. I have been locked out the last two days. The "grab the wheel" warning is no longer accompanied by an audible tone. So, if you are looking out the windshield rather than staring at the dash, and don't notice the warning, you get locked out. It also seems to make AS unavailable when it shoul be. I feel a lot less comfortable than before the update.

Is it within the realm of possibility that as Tesla refreshes or purges the AP crowd sourced data and this is the effect? I remember this happening for a period of time during 7.1. I also recall when there was an LTE outage, the AP weaved as well.

Last edited:
Odors that are outside, namely exhaust fumes and smoke, are now permeating into the cabin. Never had it happen before the update. The only time I ever noticed odors coming in before 8.0 was when fresh air was on and recycle was turned off. Now it happens haphazardly.
I second this. It started happening after the V8 update, but I didn't connect it to the update till I read the above post. What is the purpose of recycled air vs fresh air then as options?

Thought same or that by using radar as primary it needs to build db again.
After driving almost 1,000 miles on 8.0 I feel AP is as confident as 7.1 within the lane. 8.0 improvements have been braking, acceleration, lane changes, and detecting other vehicles. The initial phase if the 8.0 rollout is using the radar to collect data and build the db, camera is still primary I thought.