Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

V8.0 Reaction and Response

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I didn't post this in any of the actual model forums because this applies to not only the S, but the X as well...

Many, many members here seem to really loath v8.0. Some for reasons that are extremely valid, and I'm sure extremely frustrating to those affected. Reasons such as the poor handling of USB music collections in the new media player, just to name a major pain point.

However, many members have commented negatively about the UI overhaul with respect to the maps and screen real estate. It's that aspect that I just don't quite understand what all the negative response is for. I noted in another post that I know 5 people with either an S or an X that have 8.0 and really like the new UI. Coincidentally those 5 people aren't members of this forum. Very small sample size I understand but the contrast is a bit startling...

Why is it that the 5 people I know, who again aren't members here, seem to really like v8.0 and the new UI? Yet, almost universally here, everyone hates it...???

While I wish for more features out of the NAV for sure, and I'd still like to see my HVAC settings live and up front (think v6), overall I really like v8, and the new UI. I don't listen to USB music, so I'm not affected by that cluster *BEEP* and I always hated changing the source via the steering wheel so the UI change there was welcome. About the only thing in v8 that I think went backwards is my favorite streaming FM station quality went way down in TuneIn. Perhaps that's a coincidence as no other TuneIn station lost quality.

Am I really the only one here who likes the new UI and v8???

Jeff