Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

v8.0 release coming in a few weeks, details later today!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Elon made a mistake, rather than using Tesla's usual "soon", "sooner than anyone thinks", "any time now", "just around the corner" he reverted back to giving actual times/dates, hence the problem. Nothing to get excited about, business as usual... We'll get the announcement some time before the end of the year (and if you pay attention, you probably noticed I did not say which year ;)).

He found out tonight that the recent news about Russian scientists detected signal from UFO is for real. Busy talking to the aliens now, and asking them why humanity is in their simulation. In the work of getting a good translator that speaks the same language. Questioning on whether we need to colonize Mars after all since the humanity simulation will end someday anyway. He got very disappointed on the thought that he won't be able to use his Iron Man metal suit to fly to Mars again. What Auto-pilot software update? It is on the back-burner now. ;-)

Last edited:
I find it fascinating to see such a high profile, massively successful, individual operating on the chaotic edge, where things just may or may not happen on any particular schedule from moment to moment. Someday, the movie that somebody makes, will be wildly entertaining. I'm sure the man is introspective enough to see the pattern in himself, where is promises crazy schedules, fervently believing them while missing virtually all of the time. I guess the reality is that a person who can accomplish what he's accomplished will inevitably be somewhat out of control.

Reactions: heems
Relax folks - Elon probably needs to talk to the AP dev lead to clean out the 8.1 part of the blog post (aka software requirements specification). You know, remove the stuff that development categorizes as "Elon - seriously, really - forget this one - that really won't fly!".

The universal business convention is to sandbag everything, have lawyers add weasel words, use symbolic advertising that subliminally ties your product to sex or some other desirable that has nothing to do with it.... Here we have a CEO who speaks off the cuff, but always focused on technical matters and factual info - not legal hyperbole or marketing BS. I don't mind if he hits us with a teaser now and then. That's the only marketing Tessla does.