Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

v8.0 release coming in a few weeks, details later today!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I had a boss once who had an unusual attitude about deadlines. He did want us to try to meet them, but he emphasized that "People will remember how well you do sometime a lot longer than they will remember whether or not it was on time."
So I try to remember that.
There are exceptions, of course. We don't want our surgeons to be late doing emergency life-saving surgery, etc. But a one-day or 2-day or even a 5-day delay in publishing a blog post, however interesting, won't measurably affect the quality of our lives...
Was that boss Elon Musk??

Man. I already ordered new emblems and everything
51bp40BIB4L._SL1136_.jpg

Only someone who's never experienced the "purity" of the Tesla experience would even imagine they wanted such things. Ugh, indeed!
Personally I love the silence, but it would be fun to have fake sounds on occasions. It would be great when I give demo rides to friends/coworkers. Start with it on, then 1/2 through kill the sound and bask in the silence of the future. :)

Every person I've given a ride to has been extremely impressed with the Model S, but at least 1/3 of them comment on missing the engine sounds when accelerating. Adding decent fake engine noise inside the car is trivial (a great job for an intern programmer) and I'm positive it would add a few more sales to old school car people who are not quite ready to go silent in a $100k+ performance car just yet..

Reactions: Chopr147
Personally I love the silence, but it would be fun to have fake sounds on occasions. It would be great when I give demo rides to friends/coworkers. Start with it on, then 1/2 through kill the sound and bask in the silence of the future. :)

Every person I've given a ride to has been extremely impressed with the Model S, but at least 1/3 of them comment on missing the engine sounds when accelerating. Adding decent fake engine noise inside the car is trivial (a great job for an intern programmer) and I'm positive it would add a few more sales to old school car people who are not quite ready to go silent in a $100k+ performance car just yet..

I kind of like the lack of noise for spirited driving.

My first EV experience was na iMiev and you could drive the wheels off that thing without anyone looking at you sideways (also likely because you weren't actually going that fast, but it felt like it!)

Most fast cars today are pretty quiet anyways due to turbos and noise regs (except maybe Jags and AMGs).

That said, I wouldn't mind a V8 Vantage as a weekend car though.