Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

V8 in the uk anyone?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi Cornish,

One way of seeing progress of this roll out is via ev-fw.com

Its informative to sign up there using your TMC username.

You can see the upgrades car by car, country by country. Database there for around 980 cars on 7.1, plus 96 so far on v8. Around 550 users there are on v7.1.2.36.31 [I have this in my UK car].

I think the builds for 8 are designated 2.36.106 and 2.36.108 so will show in car as v8.0.2.36.108 when it arrives. But maybe UK version will be a different build.

Another site that collates some of this detail and a whole lot more data from your own car is teslafi.com

Regards,

Tony

2.40.21 has started rollout outside of USA (according to TeslaFi stats) (2.36.108 was the main V8.0 rollout version, that still only shows USA vehicles, might be that they are being re-updated to 2.40.21 - currently 273 vehicles showing on TeslaFi, I'll check if that falls over time)

On mine too, downloaded Sunday night and installed yesterday evening.

From stats on TeslaFi

2.40.21 is on 32% of the fleet [i.e. currently active on TeslaFi]
2.36.108 54%
which are both 8.0 version, then only 12% still on 2.36.31 (7.1), and a few other odds and sods making up the remainder. So majority of the fleet has now been migrated to 8.0 and "feels like" it shouldn't be long for anyone not yet on 8.0, more especially if they have good access to WiFi for the download.

getting used to V8.0 now. Some squiffy bits in the graphics, nav and the media player that I hope they dial out in future builds, but otherwise seems a substantial step forward. AP is much improved, though it did seem to take a couple of days to settle down (have seen this before with AP related updates). Really not liking the hidey top bar thing though - need an option in the App settings to remove that and where did all the colour go, I dont want Windows 98 style , but this is more boring than the current fad of flat. Gorgeous screen mostly displaying monochrome. Meh.

It's completely hilarious that you can now see 2 cars in front, as the radar bounces under the next car. Stunning, and it very much seems to work too. Props to Tesla for that one.

Find myself much looking forward already to v8.1 and hopefully a more considered update to the UI and hopefully NAV routing and some sort of CarPlay/Android Auto type phone integration or equivalent.

There is sooo much more they could do with this car esp with GPS ringfencing/phone integration, frustrating but undoubtedly Tesla equally have soo many things to do as well.

BIG BTW - if you do not accept the data Sharing (disabled by default due to EU data protection legislation I presume) when you update, I think this means the anonymised data for the radar learning fixed object false calls will not happen.
This is real bad news for future release of software as presumably unless the radar has the ignores mapped from multiple vehicles for a road it will not work in the advanced pseudo lidar mode.
So I say enable this anonymised logging please for the sake of fleet learning (can do it later in settings screen too).

where did all the colour go

The "feint grey" of non-current selectable-items is something I cannot read with my ageing eyes (without reading glasses - which don't work well when looking at the road!). All this change-for-change-sake is daft IMHO. Bloody marketing departments wanting to differentiate and all that rubbish, when all normal people would much prefer "as little change as possible".

if you do not accept the data Sharing

Disappointed that this is not pointed out in big letters ... I reckon a lot of people will not realise this has been Disabled during this update.

The "feint grey" of non-current selectable-items is something I cannot read with my ageing eyes (without reading glasses - which don't work well when looking at the road!). All this change-for-change-sake is daft IMHO. Bloody marketing departments wanting to differentiate and all that rubbish, when all normal people would much prefer "as little change as possible".

Disappointed that this is not pointed out in big letters ... I reckon a lot of people will not realise this has been Disabled during this update.
Thanks for letting us know about the data sharing, will go and enable mine now!