TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

V9.0 Dashcam continues to record in Garage

Discussion in 'Model X: User Interface' started by Technoslave, Oct 27, 2018.

1. Technoslave

Technoslave New Member

I have about a dozen lusfiles of the car sitting in the garage getting charged. Happen to anyone else. Why dows it not stop recording, once the driver door is closed.

2. Technoslave

Technoslave New Member

correction "a dozen files"

3. LTR2018

LTR2018 Member

The cam records whenever the car is on...whether the door is open or not.
    So if you have your keyfob in your pocket and wake up the car, the cam will record until the car goes back to sleep.

4. boaterva

boaterva Supporting Member

Be sure the fob is not near the car, etc. Dozens of threads on this topic, perhaps use a faraday bag if you keep a spare in the kitchen near the garage wall (as I do :D ).

5. O Dub

O Dub Member

On the flipside, it would be nice if the dashcam could keep recording even when the car is sleeping. Would be helpful to possibly record the people who continue to smash rear windows. Happened to me last night

6. jboy210

jboy210 Supporting Member

Not sure how usefully that would be. As I understand it the dash camera overwrites after a 100 files.

7. O Dub

O Dub Member

true, i guess I'm more hoping Elon will turn all the car's cameras into passive recording systems so you can pull up different camera views on your app while it's parked. Would be nice to be able to check in on the surroundings of the car, and if I get a smashed window again, at least I would be able to pull up the different camera views to see who did it. Not that it really matters since the police dont really care about broken windows here unless something of value (over $1,000) gets stolen in the process

8. jboy210

jboy210 Supporting Member

I was hoping the DashCam would do that also. Actually I was hoping we would get 360 recording all the time.

And I understand about the cops. Here they will not come out even if your home alarm is blaring. They say you should get a security company.