Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

V9.0 in September?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Another annoyance is when you use voice to activate a destination and the nav map screen takes over the whole screen minimizing the rear camera feed.

I’m addition, the “360 view!???” also displays pedestrians using the front camera and also differentiates between sedans and SUVs.

Same here for a 2018 MX 100D on 36.2. :/ What should we do?

Patience.

Also be careful what you wish for, some people (myself included) have not been too happy with V9 so far.

Yeah, after I heard about the regression of AP on local roads, and the lack of camera on top half, I lost a lot of interest. Combine that with no EAP and you’ve got an update that makes me now go “meh”.
If it comes, it comes. If it doesn’t.. well that means I get to hang on to my advanced local roads AP and camera on top.

Yeah, after I heard about the regression of AP on local roads, and the lack of camera on top half, I lost a lot of interest. Combine that with no EAP and you’ve got an update that makes me now go “meh”.
If it comes, it comes. If it doesn’t.. well that means I get to hang on to my advanced local roads AP and camera on top.
I haven't heard that big of an issue with local roads. If it was really an issue, i'd imagine it would have turned into a very visible issue. But, maybe that's why it seems like the rollout has essentially stopped.

What regression of AP on local roads? They added local road lane-changing. Doesn't sound like a regression to me. Navigate on AP is a feature coming soon that they deferred for safety concerns.

What's the big deal with the camera on top/bottom? Will it kill you to not use the rear camera? It's distracting and not meant to be used 24/7.

You guys are all acting like V9 is a failure or a flop. I thought Tesla's community was supportive, but I'm disappointed that most of you are becoming entitled complainers.

What regression of AP on local roads? They added local road lane-changing. Doesn't sound like a regression to me. Navigate on AP is a feature coming soon that they deferred for safety concerns.

What's the big deal with the camera on top/bottom? Will it kill you to not use the rear camera? It's distracting and not meant to be used 24/7.

You guys are all acting like V9 is a failure or a flop. I thought Tesla's community was supportive, but I'm disappointed that most of you are becoming entitled complainers.

Version 9 was an update I was looking forward to the moment I had heard it had AP enhancements. As much as I hate to say, but I've believed Elon's timeline for the C2C drive and EAP/FSD every time he updated it, thinking "oh this time he knows what he's talking about, since now he's actually making progress"

But not only was V9 delayed from "4 weeks" from early august, to "early September" to now what is borderline mid-October.. it doesn't have the one feature I had been looking forward to from the start of AP2

Now that's not to say that it's a terrible update. I have liked the interface, and I also enjoy the M3 interface. I'm actually looking forward to the dashcam feature, and the enhanced mobile app features.

But by plucking out the best parts (imo) of V9 out, like the enhanced dashcam, EAP, and Smart Summon, it's made me feel neutral towards it. If I get it one of these days, I'll enjoy it. But I definitely won't be holding my breath until I do.

Switching to positive again, I'll say that no other car gets better as you own it. I love Tesla, and it's made more progress into what was a recently non-existent segment of the industry than any other company could dream of.

Reactions: Nuclear Fusion