Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

v9.0 speculation

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I had the opportunity to drive a Model X P100D this weekend. This model got the firmware 2018.28.5. I was surprised to see the autopilot (TACC + auto lane) adjusting the speed limit up and down without having to match manually the max speed each time. I was driving on a secondary road and the autopilot reduced the speed from 80 km/h to 60 then 50. Then raised the speed from 50 to 60 and finally 80 without any driver action ! My Model S with firmware 2018.26 don't do that, you have to match the speed each time manually.

I have a Model X since June 2018, and as far as I remember it always behaved that way. At least on 2018.26 and now on 2018.28.1. You need to set a higher speed first, then the car will reduce and increase if needed, but never above the initial speed you set in the beginning.

Reactions: gearchruncher
I forget which firmware added this behavior but the basic gist is that if you have TACC engaged with a higher limit that subsequently gets reduced, if it then goes back up, the car will track the speed back up until it hits your original setting. The car doesn't seem to ever exceed you original set point though. Said another way, it won't start low and then track the speed limits up. It has to start high to begin with.
This is not correct, first you must have TACC & Auto Lane engaged and second with firmware 2018.28.5, you Just have to start with the current speed limit and that it (nothing to do with original setting) !