Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

v9 (40.1) Definitely improved the app wake-up bug

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Granted i'm a new owner of only 2 weeks, but from day 1 it took forever for the car to wakeup and connect to the app. In many cases it simply wouldn't connect at all. Nothing has changed with my LTE or WiFi connections or proximity to WiFi since I updated to 40.1. Now the app wakes up the car instantly. I mean, almost zero wait. It's fantastic.

Anyone else have these issues pre-v9?

No noticeable improvement with 39.7. Still have to yank out the phone every time when not parked in the garage. Always works in the garage though. Makes me think it is not really the phone settings to blame (yes i have the battery optimizations disabled for the said services and apps.) Android 8.1

When you say it wakes up instantly it makes it sound like the car actually never goes to sleep. I'd watch out for vampire drain over the next few days.

You are correct sir. My connection situation did not change, but I did sign up for a 2 week trial of TeslaFi. Turns out I didn't enable any of the sleep functions so it's been keeping my car awake 24/7! I will say the vampire drain hasn't been terrible despite this, but I'm new to this car so I don't have set expectations in this area.

Last night I enabled sleep in TeslaFi and sure enough it took a while to wake the car this morning. Though it did wake up. Now i'm wondering if I can use TeslaFi on schedules to poll and wake the car during the hours i'm most likely to want to connect to the car. Anyone have experience in this area?

You are correct sir. My connection situation did not change, but I did sign up for a 2 week trial of TeslaFi. Turns out I didn't enable any of the sleep functions so it's been keeping my car awake 24/7! I will say the vampire drain hasn't been terrible despite this, but I'm new to this car so I don't have set expectations in this area.

Last night I enabled sleep in TeslaFi and sure enough it took a while to wake the car this morning. Though it did wake up. Now i'm wondering if I can use TeslaFi on schedules to poll and wake the car during the hours i'm most likely to want to connect to the car. Anyone have experience in this area?

My typical drain is 2-3 miles of range over night. If the car stayed on I'd think it'd be a bit more than that (>10 miles).