Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

V9 and spotify

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
hi

Still in my loaner but it’s got V9 unlike mine and I’m still trying to get use to it before I get my car back.

On v8 when you went into Spotify you could see your library but also suggestions from Spotify now on V9 I only see my library have they done away with the popular suggestions from Spotify?

Thanks

hi

Still in my loaner but it’s got V9 unlike mine and I’m still trying to get use to it before I get my car back.

On v8 when you went into Spotify you could see your library but also suggestions from Spotify now on V9 I only see my library have they done away with the popular suggestions from Spotify?

Thanks

I'm not sure what you mean by popular suggestions. Do you mean the featured playlists? For me it's all still there as was in V8, just a completely different presentation. I prefer the V9 setup, but it still hangs a lot when it temporarily loses signal. Actually it's even worse than later versions of V8 for crashing, often requiring an MCU reboot to bring it back to life.

Here are some pics, no sign of the features lists

Attachments

• 90206601-37D4-40D0-8C8D-E0A47F1109C6.jpeg
    90206601-37D4-40D0-8C8D-E0A47F1109C6.jpeg
    387.1 KB · Views: 137
  • A5430E24-57E3-4A8C-864C-676C78ADB61D.jpeg
    A5430E24-57E3-4A8C-864C-676C78ADB61D.jpeg
    368.6 KB · Views: 100
  • 802F840B-0F07-49A4-AE69-85D90E7265E0.jpeg
    802F840B-0F07-49A4-AE69-85D90E7265E0.jpeg
    234.3 KB · Views: 101
I am in a loaner but not sure how that would make it different?

Would you mind sharing a pic of yours so I can check with SC if mine is the same when I get it back

Probably won't get around to taking a pic today, but it looks just like yours except there are additional titles listed underneath "your library" such as "featured playlists", "new songs" etc. Basically all the stuff you are currently missing from V8!

That’s interesting. I’d not noticed it in my own car... still on the fence about V9 just need more time I guess

My loaner has a fault with the side camera so lane change doesn’t work :( AP to and from work is a right PITA cannot wait to get my baby back :)

I'm now definitely preferring V9 for several reasons:-

1. Auto-lane change finally works on our local dual carriageway (used to be locked out in V8 for no good reason)
2. I prefer the screen layout prioritising both maps and music.
3. I find the media player layout a bit more intuitive and quite like the triple size option
4. Combining the settings and controls menus makes it much easier to find things
5. I prefer how it always defaults to the quick controls tab instead of remaining on the previously selected tab
6. I prefer the surround traffic display with different vehicle types (shame it's a bit buggy)
7. I prefer just seeing the orange and red traffic indicators, especially when in night mode
8. I prefer the single cabin temp display when in sync mode
9. I prefer the pop-up App menu bar at the bottom with info icons always displayed at the top.

The only thing I'm not particularly liking (but getting used to) is the new HVAC control screen. It's just an awful looking design! But even despite that I do prefer that the cold weather settings are included there instead of being in a totally different place on the controls menu.

With a few iterations I'm sure V9 will be comfortably better than V8, but I already think it's a better effort despite all the negative vibes being tossed around the forums!

Just had V9 and wanted to clarify the spotify thing. Whilst V8 was temperamental V9 has crashed spectacularly and see reboot is the current fix. Has anyone spoken to SC whether we can expect a patch or software update for more permanency?

My first impressions generally are favourable. My release notes are only a blank screen!!?? so I was wondering if the Terrain day view of Sat Nav is default or fixed?

Yeah it’s better than I thought it would be all our friends across the pond had me thinking it was crap... not that bad...

I
Just had V9 and wanted to clarify the spotify thing. Whilst V8 was temperamental V9 has crashed spectacularly and see reboot is the current fix. Has anyone spoken to SC whether we can expect a patch or software update for more permanency?

My first impressions generally are favourable. My release notes are only a blank screen!!?? so I was wondering if the Terrain day view of Sat Nav is default or fixed?

Spotify now crashes in V9 on a daily basis for me. Previously it crashed on a weekly basis in V8! It's definitely a lot worse in V9. All the problems for me seem to be related to any temporary loss of signal (which I often get in our local village). I don't mind it dropping the signal for a few seconds, but it just consistently fails miserably to recover when the signal comes back and nearly always requires a full screen reboot. It's a poor effort really for such a key part of the entertainment system. Tune-in is much more stable and usually recovers when it gets a decent signal, so it must be related to the Spotify App rather than hardware. Could they not at the very least allow a reboot of the Spotify App alone whenever it crashes! The workaround in V8 was always to flick onto Tune-in and back again to refresh Spotify, but that bodge doesn't often work in V9, so it's a full screen reboot or no Spotify.

While on the subject of Spotify bugs, has anyone else noticed it often randomly loses the Dolby Surround function? Sometimes it merely randomly switches off the Dolby slider and sometimes the whole Dolby function is removed and replaced with an "immersive sound" setting which doesn't do anything when you play with the 3 settings. Maybe V9 gets confused with standard v premium sound configurations, but I don't know what settings the standard audio has?

Oh yeah and very occasionally in V9 I get no sound whatsoever even though the track is playing. That was a new one yesterday and required yet another screen reboot to fix.