Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

V9 and spotify

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Strangely I have not had many issues with Spotify and V9.

I haven't used the radio since V9 installed as Spotify has been on constantly.

The weird and wonderful anomalies of Tesla :cool:

Do you happen to be in an area where you always have a good signal strength? Also which MCU do you have? Just trying to work out what's different in your case. I'm on MCU1 in a Feb 18 MX.

It’s an early 2017 MX so I’m guessing MCU one. To be honest I have to reboot the MCU many times a day but it never fixes the issues.

I have to say my experience of V9 has been shocking as this loaner is always locking up, it’s slow just plain crap.... they have put V9 on mine I just hope it’s not the same mine is MCU 2 so hopefully it’s buttery smooth and things work ...

It’s an early 2017 MX so I’m guessing MCU one. To be honest I have to reboot the MCU many times a day but it never fixes the issues.

I have to say my experience of V9 has been shocking as this loaner is always locking up, it’s slow just plain crap.... they have put V9 on mine I just hope it’s not the same mine is MCU 2 so hopefully it’s buttery smooth and things work ...

Sounds like maybe this loaner has a fault. Mine is fast and smooth even with MCU1, it just has this specific issue with Spotify on start up after a signal loss. Basically after every time I park it in the garage. V8 had the same issue, but it wouldn't be all the time like this.

Yup, mine has gone now. I can use TuneIn, and I can sometimes 'log in' to the Tesla Spotify account but as soon as I choose an album from my favourites the MCU freezes and a reboot is necessary. Oh well, it was good while it lasted. :)

That's exactly what I get. It seems like my favourites list is corrupted. Deleting as much as I could (some favourites simply refuse to delete) helped to stop it freezing the MCU, but for now I've given up with using my favourites lists and just use featured lists, recents and search. Even then Spotify freezes regularly, but at least not the entire MCU.

Reactions: Terry_B58
That's exactly what I get. It seems like my favourites list is corrupted. Deleting as much as I could (some favourites simply refuse to delete) helped to stop it freezing the MCU, but for now I've given up with using my favourites lists and just use featured lists, recents and search. Even then Spotify freezes regularly, but at least not the entire MCU.
I did a factory reset but Spotify is still so unstable. TuneIn is fine, so it's not a data issue.

I've only been able to log in to mine once in the just month, the rest of the time it just spins a while and then says can't connect.

Between this, the yellow-bordered MCU, creaking front struts, and the sticking driver's-side door handle I am starting to wonder whether I'd get a better experience trading in for a bottom of the range Kia Rio...

Good to know, as my pre-owned Model S also has the yellow banding, so was going to add it to a list for when booking in for warranty work.

Definitely add it to the list so it hopefully won't be forgotten. I've been lucky so far but if mine went I'm not sure if I'd bother with the interim replacement - although knowing my OCD I probably would TBH.

Definitely add it to the list so it hopefully won't be forgotten. I've been lucky so far but if mine went I'm not sure if I'd bother with the interim replacement - although knowing my OCD I probably would TBH.
its not actually that noticeable, if I hadn't read lot of info on the forums I don't think I would have spotted it.

I only have a few quirks noted since collecting it, other than that all good so far :)

its not actually that noticeable, if I hadn't read lot of info on the forums I don't think I would have spotted it.

Indeed, sometimes spending time in these places isn't a good idea. I can remember checking parts of the car had been painted where others were reporting it was just primer, whether I'd lost the screw covers on the boot and a few other things I won't mention in case you go rushing out to the car cursing me :D.

Reactions: WannabeOwner

I only have a few quirks noted since collecting it, other than that all good so far :)

Exactly! Mine has developed a little of the yellow banding across the top of the screen and I've seen it worse in a few loaners. But it doesn't bother me enough to care and it actually lines up perfectly with the icon bar so doesn't mess up my OCD :)

Reactions: WannabeOwner