Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

V9 and TuneIn Favorites

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
so I got v9 on Saturday and noticed that there was no “Favorites” menu item for TuneIn. Thought that was weird so went to go add one of my favorites via the search function. It was not marked at all as a favorite so I marked it and went back to the TuneIn main screen and “Favorites” did show up. Go into it and select the podcast folder, as that is what I marked, and ALL of my previous favorites were there. I didn’t try to use TuneIn the last few days until this afternoon but discovered I was back again to no “Favorite” menu item. So went back to mark a podcast and everything displayed again. Weird. Guess I’ll see if it happenens again tomorrow. Anyone else seeing this one?

Reactions: Rob D
so I got v9 on Saturday and noticed that there was no “Favorites” menu item for TuneIn. Thought that was weird so went to go add one of my favorites via the search function. It was not marked at all as a favorite so I marked it and went back to the TuneIn main screen and “Favorites” did show up. Go into it and select the podcast folder, as that is what I marked, and ALL of my previous favorites were there. I didn’t try to use TuneIn the last few days until this afternoon but discovered I was back again to no “Favorite” menu item. So went back to mark a podcast and everything displayed again. Weird. Guess I’ll see if it happenens again tomorrow. Anyone else seeing this one?

Same here. Also experiencing an error with the streaming feature, always locked up when enter the car. I must always perform a new music search to get the streaming feature to work again. Or reset the center screen. This started happening with v9 update.

My tune in and streaming retained favorites after V9
I haven't gotten V9 yet, but had been hoping my favorite streaming stations menu would be retained. With V36.2, I had noticed that for no obvious or predictable reason, I would lose these favorites. However, any of the locally received, not streamed, FM stations were retained in the favorites menu. I guess this bug persists with V9.

I haven't gotten V9 yet, but had been hoping my favorite streaming stations menu would be retained. With V36.2, I had noticed that for no obvious or predictable reason, I would lose these favorites. However, any of the locally received, not streamed, FM stations were retained in the favorites menu. I guess this bug persists with V9.
No, my radio favorites remained as well. Other than switching between modes being along the bottom rather than the right side there is no difference in my music.

Same here. Also experiencing an error with the streaming feature, always locked up when enter the car. I must always perform a new music search to get the streaming feature to work again. Or reset the center screen. This started happening with v9 update.
I've had this same issue for quite some time. It seems to me that the issue is when leaving home or work but not other places. For example, if I'm at the store and return to the car and start to drive, it works fine, but whenever I leave home or the office, I lose my audio until I select a channel, then switch back to the one I want to listen to. My suspicion is that there's a problem with the audio system switching from wi-fi to cell because my car is connected to wi-fi at home and the office, but not anywhere else. Is this what you're noticing?

I've had this same issue for quite some time. It seems to me that the issue is when leaving home or work but not other places. For example, if I'm at the store and return to the car and start to drive, it works fine, but whenever I leave home or the office, I lose my audio until I select a channel, then switch back to the one I want to listen to. My suspicion is that there's a problem with the audio system switching from wi-fi to cell because my car is connected to wi-fi at home and the office, but not anywhere else. Is this what you're noticing?

After driving the car more I did notice this exact pattern. Once on the road it will not have issues, even after several stops. When we get home it connects to wifi. In the morning when leaving the garage we have the error and need to reset again.

So, has anyone spoken to or heard anything from Tesla (or TuneIn) about this issue? Just another example of how Tesla drops the ball. I'm sorry, but after spending over $60K for a car (and some of you spent a whole lot more!), to have to resort to a Users' Forum to get tech support is just not right.