Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

V9 - charging to 308 at 100%, 276 at 90%

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Since v9 my car complete charge state has gone a few miles lower. At 90% it goes to 276mi when the last 5 months its been charging to 279mi. Same for 100%, it goes to 308 instead of 310. Anyone experiencing the same? Is this battery degrading?
Yes, but it’s expected to lose some capacity in the first few months, then less so. What you describe is perfectly normal. It has nothing to do with the firmware version. Chill out and enjoy your car.

Yes, but it’s expected to lose some capacity in the first few months, then less so. What you describe is perfectly normal. It has nothing to do with the firmware version. Chill out and enjoy your car.

It will also jump around a bit. It is difficult to get an exact measurement of a battery charge level. It's doing an estimate and will change from week to week/month to month. Firmware version may change the estimation as well.

Here is the estimated range of my S100D over the past 20 months. The big drop around was a firmware update. It was specified as 335, but initially reported a good bit over that.

FusionCharts-3.png

• Informative
Reactions: tracksyde
Hi,

I opened an "Ask a Question" ticket through my Tesla account about this issue. This is the response I got:

Thank You for contacting Tesla Service Support! I apologize for any inconvenience this delayed response has caused. Rated range calculates your estimated range with a fixed formula based on existing energy in the battery and average energy consumed per mile. Driving style, wheel size and ambient temperature could affect the rated miles.

If you have any further questions you may reply to this email, or you can reach Service Support at (877) 798-3752.
A 100% charge for me is about 302 miles, which is a 2.6% loss. I've driven about 3000 miles so far. AWD non-P, 19" wheels

I’ve never seen 6. That said, I’ve got 77,000 miles and still charge 100% indicating 252 miles. That said, Tesla could decide to fudge that number a little and display what you want to see rather than the batteries true capacity.

We shouldn’t stress about degradation so much. Drive the car and enjoy it. When it’s not doing the job you bought it to do, then stress! :eek:

Since the battery "really" goes 334 miles on a complete charge, Tesla should have some programming in the car so it shows we have 310-314 miles at 100% charge all the way to the point at which the battery degrades enough that it really can't go 310 miles anymore.