Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

V9 Dashcam compared to Blackvue 900S

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

NewTMSMan

Aug 21, 2017
USA
Quick comparison video of the new Tesla Dashcam compared to the Blackvue 900S. I did not change anything about the video files with exception of downconverting the Blackvue video to 1080P for editing and processing.

As you can see the Blackvue has a much bigger field of vision, but without adjusting the video it is much darker.

I would say based on this quick comparison the Tesla Cam looks pretty decent.

Only if you don't care about resolution, or the narrowness of angle - in other words you don't see what's around the cars outside of straight ahead. Or the parking mode (I personally don't care about this one). Also do some driving ("video unavailable" so no idea if you did) - a lot more shakiness in the Tesla dashcam due to the longer focus distance of the lens amplifying all bumps.

Cannot comment on the darkness of your particular blackvue sample.

Quick comparison video of the new Tesla Dashcam compared to the Blackvue 900S. I did not change anything about the video files with exception of downconverting the Blackvue video to 1080P for editing and processing.

As you can see the Blackvue has a much bigger field of vision, but without adjusting the video it is much darker.

How does resolution compare? For example, if you take footage where a car is in front of you and you blow up the image of the license plate which camera shows the plate number better? This would simulate using the footage to show someone who cut you off or sideswiped you.

Another scenario would be someone that vandalizes your car. Which one shows a more identifiable face of the perp in front of your car?

The detail & colour is far better on the Blackvue

• Love
Reactions: P85_DA