Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

V9 Dashcam, have you made it work?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
For anybody thinking of putting the TeslaCam folder on your music usb, don't do it.
v9 seems to search for TeslaCam first and when it finds it, that usb drive can not be accessed by media player.

I wonder if Tesla did it that way because of the slow USB read/write speeds.

Do you need to drive around with a USB drive plugged in to capture a recent event? Of can I plug it in after an event and download the last hour? Don't like the idea of driving around with that USB plug sticking up in the air all the time. Plug location makes it easy to accidentally hit it or bend it.

Also does our car recognize multiple usb drive plugs at the same time? One could be dash cam dedicated and the other for music.

I removed my USB, did some stuff on the computer with it in the house. I deleted a bunch of files and left nothing but the 'TeslaCam' folder in the root folder level... plugged it back in and now my dashcam icon doesn't appear.

Now what?

It's a really old 4GB flash drive, my kids us it for school. So I "borrowed" it , made the TeslaCam root folder and it worked! But now, after removing a bunch of files, it doesn't do anything in the car.

Wondering if it's too small, or perhaps just needs to be reformatted like you said.

Smart, thanks! I don't recall seeing any minimal size USB listed anywhere. I did see a comment about using a USB "with as much storage as possible."

Can you use one bigger that 32GB? Some websites say that that you can't have a FAT32 format USB that is bigger than 32GB.

Smart, thanks! I don't recall seeing any minimal size USB listed anywhere. I did see a comment about using a USB "with as much storage as possible."

Can you use one bigger that 32GB? Some websites say that that you can't have a FAT32 format USB that is bigger than 32GB.

I bought a 128 GB one. Your statement is a common confusion. You can format large drives to FAT32, the limitation was a file size can be no larger than 4GB. Which is why microsoft moved away from FAT 32 a looong time ago.