Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

V9 Dashcam..This happening to Anyone Else?!?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So i've formatted my USB and when I plug it in, I get the little camera with the red dot. All works well. I can remove the stick and look at the videos on my laptop no problem. Now the second time I insert the stick, it never works. I get the camera icon with they greyed out X. I've reformatted my USB each time and again the first time I insert it, it works. But once I put the car in park and then go back for another drive, it never works. Am I missing something here? Currently on 2018.39.7 9736c9b

10s8294.jpg

Here are "temporary fixes" to reduce getting the "x"

• Press and hold the camera to "pause" recording (The red light will turn grey, this will greatly reduce video corruption) to eject USB drive safely.
• If your USB drive does become corrupt options to fix this will require a computer:
- Remove the .rec files on the root of your USB drive (This should fix the corruption issue)
- Reformat USB drive

I'm still on 39.6 and have no issues with getting the red "x" by following the steps above. Using Sandisk 32GB (Formatted on a Mac computer if that matters)

Pulling out the drive and removing the last recent video will fix the issue. I don't think it's necessary to delete the REC files, but those files can add up and take up space so I would recommend deleting them regardless.

It's not always uniform. Sometimes deleting the most recent file does it. Sometimes deleting all files doesn't help, and a reformat is required.

Until this issue is confirmed fixed (ultra fit 32 Gb Sandisk working for me now for more than a week without grey X but who knows?) my practical takeaway is to let the dashcam run for a couple of minutes after any event I wish to save before saving. The last (most recent) file appears to be at greatest risk of corruption during any file write task. Let it go. Wait to save until your essential minute is second or third file in “recent” stack. Improves the capture odds for that key file based on issues reported.