Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

v9 finally going international? ... 2018.40 spotted in Japan

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Connected my Model S to my phone’s personal hotspot and saw that it ate 2.5Gb of data (before the data plan ran out), but still not being presented with the update.
I wonder what all that data was if not the update. Map refreshes?

Yes, maps are bigger than the firmware, which is usually about 500...900MB, but have heard of others getting into an error loop where it repeatedly tries and fails to finish the firmware download.

If you park somewhere connected to decent WiFi it should soon grab the rest, or, if not, call Service Centre and get appointment to have it completed.

I really would not worry about this; the only real improvement in v9 is that autosteer is more stable and auto-lane-change is better. However, the user interface has changed a lot - and not for the better: smaller icons, things moved to other places, more taps to control the climate system. In particular, you no longer have a free choice as to which apps or combination thereof you can have on the screen; the nav is permanently displayed and the other apps can overlay it - but only one at a time. The max/min buttons and the switch-around buttons have gone. It's all very inflexible.

I really would not worry about this; the only real improvement in v9 is that autosteer is more stable and auto-lane-change is better. However, the user interface has changed a lot - and not for the better: smaller icons, things moved to other places, more taps to control the climate system. In particular, you no longer have a free choice as to which apps or combination thereof you can have on the screen; the nav is permanently displayed and the other apps can overlay it - but only one at a time. The max/min buttons and the switch-around buttons have gone. It's all very inflexible.

Wait a few months Tesla want to make a new system with possibility to have 4 applications of your choice on the screen (mode split) or 3 - 2 like olders version with new place for icons. See Teslarati.com for screenshot and informations.

Depends what you value. The new interface is fine by me and the autosteer improvements are more than welcome - they removed some of the 2018.32ish regressions for me.

A Swiss car received the 2018.44 update. Could someone with Teslafi access check whether AT and/or CH cars are getting upgraded to v9?

Attachments

• 437ED942-6F3E-419D-A107-4600A4294036.png
    437ED942-6F3E-419D-A107-4600A4294036.png
    418.7 KB · Views: 47