Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

V9 imminent?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Finally got Tesla to push V9. It's weird now having T1000 like objects driving around me and playing bumper cars.

One thing I REALLY HATE is that the RECIRC and REAR VENT buttons are now on the extreme right bottom corner. You literally have to take your eyes off the road if you notice a skunk or need to not have exhaust in your car. I wrote tesla a note about this, but who knows. This is really the only thing that really bugs me.

• Funny
Reactions: dighn
Finally got Tesla to push V9. It's weird now having T1000 like objects driving around me and playing bumper cars.

One thing I REALLY HATE is that the RECIRC and REAR VENT buttons are now on the extreme right bottom corner. You literally have to take your eyes off the road if you notice a skunk or need to not have exhaust in your car. I wrote tesla a note about this, but who knows. This is really the only thing that really bugs me.

Did you call SC or HQ, or actually physical visit SC to get them to push? Still on 36.x and experiencing connectivity issues.

I had an appointment for the headlight issue there. Told them to push it.
I see there is a new (?) Headlamp Adjustment control under Service in 40.1:

"To adjust the angle of the headlights, touch Controls > Service > Adjust Headlights, then follow the onscreen instructions. You can choose which headlight you would like to adjust by selecting it on the touchscreen. Warning: Proceed with caution when adjusting headlights. Tesla has carefully calibrated the position of the headlights to be in an optimum position for most driving scenarios. Tesla recommends that you do not adjust headlights unless you are familiar with how headlights should be adjusted. Once adjusted, you will be unable to automatically restore them to their originally calibrated position. Contact Tesla for assistance when adjusting headlights."

Last edited:
I see there is a new (?) Headlamp Adjustment control under Service in 40.1:

"To adjust the angle of the headlights, touch Controls > Service > Adjust Headlights, then follow the onscreen instructions. You can choose which headlight you would like to adjust by selecting it on the touchscreen. Warning: Proceed with caution when adjusting headlights. Tesla has carefully calibrated the position of the headlights to be in an optimum position for most driving scenarios. Tesla recommends that you do not adjust headlights unless you are familiar with how headlights should be adjusted. Once adjusted, you will be unable to automatically restore them to their originally calibrated position. Contact Tesla for assistance when adjusting headlights."

I’m not sure about that one but I’m talking about the signature led strip that is commonly not working on the driver side headlights.

I'll be the last guy on planet earth to receive v9 for my model 3, well at least for those who has a car.

I'm right with you. Have received no notification of anything since I got the car two weeks ago.

I am also experiencing the blacked out areas on my Nav map over the last 5 days or so.

Are we meant to get an email informing us of the V9 or other updates as they roll out? is there some sort of notification on the app or on the screen in the car?

I'm kind of clueless at the moment. Though loving my daily commute since getting my M3 AWD!

I'm right with you. Have received no notification of anything since I got the car two weeks ago.

I am also experiencing the blacked out areas on my Nav map over the last 5 days or so.

Are we meant to get an email informing us of the V9 or other updates as they roll out? is there some sort of notification on the app or on the screen in the car?

I'm kind of clueless at the moment. Though loving my daily commute since getting my M3 AWD!
You should get a notification on your phone through the tesla app and in your car once it has been downloaded and ready to install. It definitely seems random, but keeping the car connected to wifi while at home seems to help.

Sounds like there is already a patch (40.1), so you will probably get upgraded straight to that. I'm still on 39.7 for now.

You should get a notification on your phone through the tesla app and in your car once it has been downloaded and ready to install. It definitely seems random, but keeping the car connected to wifi while at home seems to help.

Sounds like there is already a patch (40.1), so you will probably get upgraded straight to that. I'm still on 39.7 for now.

At least you won't have to go out to the car to start the update now! Launch it from the app.

The only bug I've encountered is with bluetooth connectivity - no sound when making a phone call.

Thanks @pcons, I do have it connected to wifi at home, however our wifi is kind of crap (no one from Rogers seems to be able to arrange routers, etc, so that the whole house has a good signal despite several attempts on their part). So I wonder if it is going in and out and I'm missing something. But I would see it on the app anyway. Just be patient I guess. As usual :) I look forward to some of the updates (seeing the cars that are behind you, not just in front, the blind spot assist) but not the hassles with the new arrangement on the screen that people are speaking of.