Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

V9 imminent?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Got this notification on my tesla app today a few hours ago. Went to car a few min ago but no download/install notification. I'm assuming everyone got the same message on their app...anyone get the v9 install start notification yet?

Screenshot_20181005-214725.png

Got this notification on my tesla app today a few hours ago. Went to car a few min ago but no download/install notification. I'm assuming everyone got the same message on their app...anyone get the v9 install start notification yet?

View attachment 341257
Everyone got that either as an email or in the app inbox. No one in Canada has it unless they’re part of the early release from what I’m aware of from tracking teslafi. It WILL be rolling out more widespread soon hopefully

Last edited:
Last night I connected my S / X / 3 to the home Wifi and this morning the S and X got the notice of update. I went from 34.1 to 39.6 .. nothing for the model 3 yet its on 36.2. UI not as bad as I thought as well but will take some getting use to .. my phone app still is the old one it seems. I have not driven yet .. that will be next

• Funny
Reactions: RedM3 and bijan
Our X is at Montreal SC, supposed to ship this week, is it likely it would be delivered with 9.0?
Most likely. It’s in there for repair? I don’t know about Monteal but at Toronto they usually push the latest update before I get it back. But one time they forgot, when they called me to say it’s available for pickup I asked them to push the update and they did.

I installed it at around 3am-ish. So far so good. Really liking all the new features and displays.

The browser is usable, energy graph is very nice. Finally an option to turn off all seat heaters with one button.

Don't like that they moved the Homelink button towards the right side of the screen, I use that daily.

I also noticed that in the climate controls UI, I can no longer see if the climate is set to heat or cool. Previously there would be a blue or red indicator showing this. I haven't played with it enough to see if it is indicated elsewhere.

Last edited:
Version 2018.39.6

I got it this morning for my Model S. Still working through it all. Some notable improvements around "seeing" cars around you on the IP (including whether there's a car directly behind you), the button to toggle screens is now at the bottom, which I find is actually easier to reach than at the top. Lost the dual front seat conditioning (at least at first blush). No sign of the dashcam feature (although expected that). I still want to see about pushing a map destination to the car from the app, nor can I find the way you're supposed to be able to now initiate updates from the app (perhaps it's a pop-up). Backup camera is fine, but haven't tried keeping it on while driving forward - supposedly it'll only stay on the lower half.

Electrek has posted a better review: Tesla’s version 9 software is not perfect, but it puts all other in-car user interfaces to shame

• Informative
Reactions: johnny_snow