Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

V9 in the UK - 2018.42.2

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Looks like it. My update has just started, not sure of the version. Hope it's v9. How do I check and find the version beforehand?

You can't I'm afraid. It'll tell you afterwards what you've been deemed worthy to receive ;). Once you're on V9 updates can be initiated from the app, whether this will add any further info I don't know, but doubt personally.

You can't I'm afraid. It'll tell you afterwards what you've been deemed worthy to receive ;). Once you're on V9 updates can be initiated from the app, whether this will add any further info I don't know, but doubt personally.
Ok thanks. The update just finished and the version number is the same as above. Still haven't checked on the MS itself, just got the message on the app.

Reactions: DJP31
V9 it is. The layout and position of controls has changed as expected but nothing unfriendly about. Will take sometime to get used to it. New enhanced auto lane change (Beta) is available for those with EAP. And ofcourse ATARI games :D:D

Mine arrived this morning, 42.2
Downloaded over WiFi.
Didn’t have time to install as takes 1hr 40mins, so I timed the update to install later and on battery only and the update installed fine.

Looks good, l have AP2 and like the recognition of different vehicles, centre console UI looks much more modern.
Surprised wipers are sill ‘beta’, wait until it rains...
Only had a short drive but on Friday I take a regular route where AP seriously throws a wobbler and applies the brakes on the M4 hard at 70mph so I’ll look forward to seeing what happens!

Wipers for me are still useless. Just don’t wipe when you need them so turned off again. Nice to have different icons for the various vehicles and bikes. Bit if ghosting and sometimes lorries flip about a bit but much improved from before. It’s been nice to use AP and lane chance on roads I would have to override before. Happy with the UI as i normally only have Nav and Media.

Totally unrelated but finally got round to the simple adjusting of my headlights as just seemed too high. Now I don’t feel like I am blinding people all the time.

Wow! That was a quick and painless update. Took about 40 mins. I guess getting the Netgear car hot spot device was a good idea! lol. Can't wait to try out the new AP features. The Atari games are a great addition although definitely missing the rear cam on top option but at least it will be fixed in the next update according to Elon. Also being able to update via your phone option couldn't come at a better time as it's getting quite cold now in London. :D

Wow! That was a quick and painless update. Took about 40 mins. I guess getting the Netgear car hot spot device was a good idea! lol. Can't wait to try out the new AP features. The Atari games are a great addition although definitely missing the rear cam on top option but at least it will be fixed in the next update according to Elon. Also being able to update via your phone option couldn't come at a better time as it's getting quite cold now in London. :D

It's already fixed, which version have you got??

Ok the camera is not as it used be pre version 9 as it doesn't give me an option to have it split screen and move the map below and the camera above as two separate screens. Anyway it's not a huge deal at least for me but it will be fixed in the next update anyway. I noticed the auto steer feature couldn't be enabled as it said it's temporarily unavailable on my very short drive so am guessing the cameras need to be calibrated?

A trip to and from Birmingham today. AP, no real change, extra vehicles on the dash. Blind Spot detection works well.

No reindeers anymore, hopefully get them back in time for Christmas :).

3 items on screen can be useful.

I also like the way the 'route description' collapses when heading Up or heading North is selected and expands only when trip is selected.

I tried a few of the Atari games, better using the steering wheel buttons in full screen mode, but I was useless with Atari 1st time round and unsurprisingly, still useless :p I may get better with more practice while at a SuC (but I doubt it).

Reactions: MagicMagicD
Ok the camera is not as it used be pre version 9 as it doesn't give me an option to have it split screen and move the map below and the camera above as two separate screens. Anyway it's not a huge deal at least for me but it will be fixed in the next update anyway.

How do you know the next version will "fix" this? Maybe this is how it is going to be now.