TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

v9 - Increased data downloads/uploads

Discussion in 'Model S' started by sevenout, Oct 11, 2018.

1. sevenout

sevenout Member

Prior to getting v9, my typical daily upload and download to/from my car, as measured with my Google Wifi app, was approx 12-14MB per day. Ever since the update I’m averaging about 9MB per hour down and 3MB per hour up. Can’t figure what it could be. Prior to getting v9, I got a 5.4GB download which was the new maps so I don’t think it’s maps. Any ideas?

2. N..8

N..8 Member

I haven't seen that yet, I have been getting the normal 80+ upload after I return home each day and connect to wifi.

3. sevenout

sevenout Member

Yeah, I’ve got those too. Usually after I’ve been using AP and had some unintentional disengagement’s.

But this is a consistent 8MB per hour download and a 3MB per hour upload. It’s not all at once either. It’s going at about .04mbps constantly. Almost like it’s streaming something.

4. SpudLime

SpudLime Active Member

Interesting thread. Once I get v9 I will share what I see.

Maybe with v9 and the updated NN its reporting back a lot more info to increase its awareness.

5. sevenout

sevenout Member

Yeah, wish I knew. I think I'm going to dig out a packet analyzer tonight when I get back home and see if I can watch the traffic and determine what is going on.

6. sevenout

sevenout Member

I’m still downloading 150+MB per day and uploading 100+MB per day. Can’t figure what it is doing.

58A013B9-2DD7-4D3A-8E04-6E96D710C548.png
    As you can see there was next to nothing downloading prior to Oct 4th when I got the latest map update.

409E3721-0418-45E3-BDCB-4EE2A72F7FF4.png
    On late Oct 8 to early Oct 9 was the V9 update download. Since then a consistent 150+MB.

96FAF59E-D5B1-41CB-B202-FA60C61F21AD.png
    This is what is downloading almost constantly. Not downloading really fast. Weird!

Anyone else getting this too?