Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

V9 rollout pace

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Very slow. No real progress to speak of...
Screenshot_20181004-165215.jpg

Seems the rollout is at least a few more weeks away. It will need to be pushed to early access folks first, allow time for any issues to crop up, then the gradual rollout. I don't see "widespread" happening for at least 3 more weeks. I don't think it has been pushed to the 1000 or so added to the EAP yet.

Reactions: Alketi
Tracking the handful of installations we’re able to see on TeslaFi doesn’t really give us any good info, especially since all of those so far have been to people in the Early Access Program. And those with early access are told to not have their cars on TeslaFi in the first place. I’m pretty sure Tesla would be cracking down on this so I don’t think we’ll see many more version 9 installs reported on there.

I have also read that 2018.36.2 is a prerequisite for version 9 which would explain why we’re seeing a lot of vehicles being updated to this version right now. Last I checked it looked like over 90% of Model 3’s on TeslaFi have been updated to 2018.36.2.

It is my suspicion that Tesla is utilizing their larger Early Access Program user base to better shake out any remaining bugs to facilitate a more rapid mass deployment to the fleet. I’d bet once it does reach public deployment we’ll see most Tesla vehicles receive the update within a weeks time.

• Informative
Reactions: Mobster
Tracking the handful of installations we’re able to see on TeslaFi doesn’t really give us any good info, especially since all of those so far have been to people in the Early Access Program. And those with early access are told to not have their cars on TeslaFi in the first place. I’m pretty sure Tesla would be cracking down on this so I don’t think we’ll see many more version 9 installs reported on there.

I have also read that 2018.36.2 is a prerequisite for version 9 which would explain why we’re seeing a lot of vehicles being updated to this version right now. Last I checked it looked like over 90% of Model 3’s on TeslaFi have been updated to 2018.36.2.

It is my suspicion that Tesla is utilizing their larger Early Access Program user base to better shake out any remaining bugs to facilitate a more rapid mass deployment to the fleet. I’d bet once it does reach public deployment we’ll see most Tesla vehicles receive the update within a weeks time.

I don’t think that 2018.36 is a prerequisite to V9. My AP1 S went to 9 from 2018.34.

• Informative
Reactions: Thomas Edison
If anyone isn't already aware of it, firmware updates have long been tracked here:

Tesla Firmware Upgrade Tracker Web App

It does appear that a broad rollout of V9 hasn't begun for the Model 3 yet, in contrast to the Models S/X, where it had a wide release yesterday.

For those on earlier firmware builds, no, you do not have to get intervening releases to get the latest, since the latest includes previous changes and replaces the current firmware version. Be aware that there is no going back.