Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

V9 Software Update Size?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I love Google Wifi. Before I got it, I didn't realize there are over 40 devices connecting to my WiFi every month with over 500GB download and 50GB upload. I can even tell what time is certain individual in the house went to bed and if he stays up to play Fortnite until which hours... :cool:

At least that certain person could handle Wifi. In my house it was someone running around telling everyone to get off Wifi because their ping times went over 10 ms and their avatar was getting killed.

We ended up putting Cat 6 all over and hard-wiring most of the computers. No more ping time issues.

Reactions: Need
At least that certain person could handle Wifi. In my house it was someone running around telling everyone to get off Wifi because their ping times went over 10 ms and their avatar was getting killed.

We ended up putting Cat 6 all over and hard-wiring most of the computers. No more ping time issues.

LOL, the reason I got Google WiFi was that certain person got bad ping time... so I got the 3 Mesh network and put one next to his computer. That drops the pings to like 12ms from 20+. The world does come around.. I remember about 30 years ago, in another house, certain someone had to install a 2nd phone line for me because I just had to get on to BBS and always tied up the home phone line. Good time.

LOL, the reason I got Google WiFi was that certain person got bad ping time... so I got the 3 Mesh network and put one next to his computer. That drops the pings to like 12ms from 20+. The world does come around.. I remember about 30 years ago, in another house, certain someone had to install a 2nd phone line for me because I just had to get on to BBS and always tied up the home phone line. Good time.

You can also set priority for a device too. So in your example, when he/she needs the throughput, set the console as priority.

It looks like if the download happens during the night, mostly it will be failed & need to retry many times.

My log showed the car downloaded the firmware file successful on the 4th try. 3 other tries ended up with "Connection reset by peer" or "Broken Pipe" after few minutes.

Apparently Ubiquiti has a way of doing this. But as soon as it start walking through the steps in the CLI I lost interest.

And this morning V9 was ready to be installed. So I guess poking around in the router helped!
I think the Deep Packet Inspection is done at the router level for Ubuquiti. I have a EdgeRouter X and you can activate it by connecting directly to the router. The Unify Gateway router does it too and you can manage it remotely. Anyway, I activated it for a couple of days to have an idea of all that was tracked, but since this slows down a little bit you traffic and I don't really have the need for that level of detail, I turned it off.

Reactions: jboy210

12 ms would have send my gamers into shock. Thus the hard wiring. Plus now the media stream from the NAS is super fast. But don't tell my wife. I told her I was doing it for kids!

V9 is 580MB.

Tesla V9 Capture.JPG