Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

VA inspection & tire shop in around Sterling or Fairfax

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Looking for one also... someone that preferably knows Teslas and how to handle ‘jack point devices’ such as hockey pucks or the ones offered for sale on TMC (I have a set).

Don’t want to go through the whole ‘we know what we’re doing’ and then they don’t :D.

I use VA Tire over on Metrotech Drive in Chantilly. They have serviced all three of our Model S's and even store my 8 21 inch rims for me in the winter. Guys there are huge fans of the Model S, I even showed them how to creep the car with app so they could find a nail in one of my tires this past week.

I try an stay away from the VA Tire on route 29 in Centreville, as it is always a mob scene (too many customers)

The Chantilly one is kinda hidden, you just have to dodge the crazy drivers that go to the Lotte Market Plaza, I always drive around back to the service bays to stay away from the crowds. Never had and issue there, they also installed my adjustable camber links in rear and have the same road force balance machines as Tesla. Also get my alignments there, they have a custom setup for the P85+ post camber link install so I don't get the excessive camber eating my rear tires up....

Last edited:
I use VA Tire over on Metrotech Drive in Chantilly. They have serviced all three of our Model S's and even store my 8 21 inch rims for me in the winter. Guys there are huge fans of the Model S, I even showed them how to creep the car with app so they could find a nail in one of my tires this past week.

I try an stay away from the VA Tire on route 29 in Centreville, as it is always a mob scene (too many customers)

The Chantilly one is kinda hidden, you just have to dodge the crazy drivers that go to the Lotte Market Plaza, I always drive around back to the service bays to stay away from the crowds. Never had and issue there, they also installed my adjustable camber links in rear and have the same road force balance machines as Tesla. Also get my alignments there, they have a custom setup for the P85+ post camber link install so I don't get the excessive camber eating my rear tires up....

Second this recommendation. they maintained my Volt for 5 years. No issues. Now they do all my cars. I just had two tires replaced on the Volt last week and they had them in stock and replaced faster than I could eat over at Buon Appetito.

I don't know if they do state inspections, or not. I did have G&C do my states and other repairs. They just install tesla car charger out front but it's not wired yet.

VA tire and auto in Chantilly has been my primary ICE place 6 cars! since they were just a Goodyear branded shop. They will do customer requested Tire mounting if you bring them in and can get specials like ones for Tesla’s. I was surprised to hear the SC in Tyson’s was not state acredited for inspection so in July I’ll do my state inspection now at VA tire (it is just down from the lotte’ grocery store-come in from the south on metro tech or you will run into a Ton of food shoppers to the north with this shopping carts) and I’m glad to hear they can lift a tesla correctly (I was worried about that ) Thanks ! They have some new folks but Larry and several others have been there forever and are very knowledable and trustworthy. They do use VA tires’ standard rates now (a little higher than in the past ) but they have coupons and specials that make it pretty inexpensive. I already prepaid for annual service at Tyson’s SC so I’ll get the big work done there . Nice to know Chantilly VA tire can do most everything else

Was looking back for this thread, thanks for the VA Tire recommendation at Metrotech. We actually have a new VA Tire and Auto (same brand, I assume, but it would be a franchise, so who knows....) here in South Riding (just over the border on 50 in Loudoun from Fairfax, if you don't know it), but I've not seen great reviews on Yelp and elsewhere.

Definitely rather go somewhere where they have tons of Tesla experience, and @Xenoilphobe 's first-hand report sounds excellent.

Edit: Looking at the website, now looks like they run their own locations so not a franchise, but if you google the South Riding location, you get the Yelp reviews, which are awful for that one. Wonder what's up there.....

Last edited:
Did alot of searching around and end up going to G&C Tire and Auto Service in Chantilly to have my tires replace on my Model X. I was nervous about jack-point, knowing to use the jack setting on the car, etc.. Felt alittle better after seeing they had installed a Siemens and Tesla chargers. After it was done, checked the bottom and not one scuff mark near the jack.

Walked away with a great experience and best part was I was able to get work done in their lounge with free snacks :) ... Also the owner has a the "Not a flamethrower" that he lets folks try!

If you let them know "Crafte" send you .. maybe I can get some free service from referrals.

Attachments

• IMG_1076.JPG
    IMG_1076.JPG
    863 KB · Views: 195
Reactions: J__T
Posted this in another thread, but had the annual inspection done at the Chantilly VA Tire and Auto (Metrotech) with no issues. The Service Centers can't/won't do Virginia inspections (I've been told) because that would theoretically make them have to offer the service to everyone, including ICE cars. Not sure if that's case or not.

They did an excellent job, and I was out in about 20 minutes total. Recommend coming on about 7:30 AM to get the first-thing rush out of the way and (as was noted) not have issues with food shoppers.

Oh yeah, it appears they don't actually offer tire/wheel storage as a general thing. That is/was for one person who has a special deal from a former manager. Wonder who that might be? :D

Reactions: Xenoilphobe
Did alot of searching around and end up going to G&C Tire and Auto Service in Chantilly to have my tires replace on my Model X. I was nervous about jack-point, knowing to use the jack setting on the car, etc.. Felt alittle better after seeing they had installed a Siemens and Tesla chargers. After it was done, checked the bottom and not one scuff mark near the jack.

Walked away with a great experience and best part was I was able to get work done in their lounge with free snacks :) ... Also the owner has a the "Not a flamethrower" that he lets folks try!

If you let them know "Crafte" send you .. maybe I can get some free service from referrals.

Did you notice neither charger are wired. There just hung on the wall for now.
We use them as well as the Chantilly VA Tire and Auto

Posted this in another thread, but had the annual inspection done at the Chantilly VA Tire and Auto (Metrotech) with no issues. The Service Centers can't/won't do Virginia inspections (I've been told) because that would theoretically make them have to offer the service to everyone, including ICE cars. Not sure if that's case or not.

They did an excellent job, and I was out in about 20 minutes total. Recommend coming on about 7:30 AM to get the first-thing rush out of the way and (as was noted) not have issues with food shoppers.

Oh yeah, it appears they don't actually offer tire/wheel storage as a general thing. That is/was for one person who has a special deal from a former manager. Wonder who that might be? :D
Same those dudes have done balance/tire/rotations on all three of our Model S's.

I got two flats in two days, roofing nail and screw in both back tires. :mad:

Got VA tire Chantilly to fix both ASAP. $88 to do at same time. They said they use internal patches to repair in lieu of plugs. tires seam to have said balanced well. no scratches on the rimes. Other than the price I think they did good.

FYI, I have driven by the place for years and just realized Chantilly Auto Body is an approved Tesla body shop. They had a load of Tesla's sitting there for minor and major repairs. I was there for a major repair on one of my trucks and saw them all sitting there.

Don't be in a rush for a repair. they say Tesla takes forever to ship parts. 30 day minimum for basic stuff. Our insurance company had us switch there away from Caliber Collision (Not Craftsman anymore).
Hope I never have to use them.

• Informative
Reactions: J__T
Now I lost a tire, can't be fixed. VA Tire is telling me I have to replace all four. I would agree to two. AWD must replace all four????

Anyone ever here that line?

I went back over to the shop and I would say the driver has burned the treads off the tires. ;) They're real close to the wear bars but I could get some more miles out of it.

They have always been good to us but this one isn't passing the smell test.

Now I lost a tire, can't be fixed. VA Tire is telling me I have to replace all four. I would agree to two. AWD must replace all four????

Anyone ever here that line?

I went back over to the shop and I would say the driver has burned the treads off the tires. ;) They're real close to the wear bars but I could get some more miles out of it.

They have always been good to us but this one isn't passing the smell test.
What does Tesla say? Seems getting one from them at their (higher) price would be better than doing two or four... Now if you will need to do a pair or four in six months or a year, then...