TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

VA/MD/DC Local Group

Discussion in 'Mid-Atlantic' started by nrcooled, Feb 4, 2013.

1. nrcooled

nrcooled P#8946 VIN 03225

I've noticed a fair number of VA/MD/DC folks are receiving their cars and I have not even seen another MS on the roads yet. With the cold weather I am sure a get together now isn't that high a priority but I would like to get a group of locals together to ogle each other’s cars.

If you are in the area and interested in doing a get together chime in.

Also, I think it's a great opportunity for those that are waiting for their cars to come out and see a live production MS in the flesh. Depending on the attendees we can choose a location mutually convenient

2. Eeyago

Eeyago Member

Count me in! Just waiting on my car though.

3. kendallpb

kendallpb Model S: P 8061

I might be up for this. I should be getting my car later this week (fingers crossed), so if anyone's been hoping to see a brown/pano roof/tech pkg (no jump seats, though), I'm your man. ;-)

- - - Updated - - -

BTW there's a DC Area Club thread on TM's site. Also, some of them have another thread about a meet-up in Tysons to drive to the supercharger in Delaware. I'm not so sure that's a good idea (multiple Model Ss...only a few superchargers...hmm...), but FYI! ;-)

4. Tempus

Tempus Member

i'd love to do something like this! I also saw the "drive to delaware" thread on the official forums, but that seems like an awful long way to go. I'd prefer something local myself :)

5. andrewket

andrewket 2014 S P85DL, 2016 X P90DL (soon 100)

I won't have my car for a few more months but I'm game for a meet up.

6. EKoS

EKoS Model S P4291

I'm in - expecting my S to arrive in the next week, though I may not be able to take delivery until the following weekend (alas!). Any good suggestions for a meeting-place that would allow us to do a spirited back-roads drive followed by brunch/dinner?

7. carrerascott

carrerascott FUEL FTR

Take a road trip down to Charlottesville, I'll have a 240v/40a plug and once I get it, a HPWC for folks to plug in to. :)

8. nrcooled

nrcooled P#8946 VIN 03225

One idea that I have is to piggy back on the Cars and Coffee meet that goes every Saturday morning in Great Falls, VA.

If anyone has any other ideas feel free to throw them out.

9. loganss

loganss Spaceman

Count me in on meeting up. Car should hopefully be here within a couple of weeks.

What's the Cars and Coffee meet? Other Tesla owners

10. kinddog

kinddog Banned

i'm in. getting my car this week.

11. carrerascott

carrerascott FUEL FTR

When I get my car I'd be in for the drive up from Charlottesville (unless y'all want to drive down this way).