TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

VA Model S owner in Maui

Discussion in 'Hawaii' started by andrewket, Jun 28, 2013.

1. andrewket

andrewket 2014 S P85DL, 2016 X P90DL (soon 100)

I'm in Maui on vacation. I love Maui. But I had to rent an ICE car. We're doing the Hana drive in a few days and I have mixed feelings about it!

Just thought I would share. :)

2. nanimac

nanimac Aloha!

I think there are a handful of model S and roadsters in Maui :) Have fun..Hana's beautiful!

3. spleen

spleen Active Member

sorry for your pain, believe us, we empathize! :)

You know, you could have rented a Leaf or a Volt while on Maui ... http://www.evcarrentals.com/
    They're no Model S but at least you wouldn't have to pump gas ... at least, most of the time for the Volt :tongue:

4. Lump

Lump Active Member

Drove the road yesterday in a rented Ford Focus, the entire time I was wishing I had my MS instead, the road was recently repaved but as expected lots of tourist with some not having the best driving skills. Our gypsy iPhone app mentioned the road having 650 curves so the MS would have been awesome, I did see a yellow Lamborghini who probably had a grin.

5. deonb

deonb Active Member

The Hana highway with 1-foot driving would be heaven on earth.

We have a small road here with 10 consecutive curves like that, and every time I take it in my Model S I think about how much fun it would be to drive the Hana highway like that.

If I lived in Maui I would totally buy a second Model S just to rent out for this purpose. You'll easily be able to get $125 per day, and it's really a short road, so even a 60 would be fine (with Pano of course).

6. Paul Carter

Paul Carter Active Member

One of my favorite all time drives. Can't wait to take the Model X out on it. (When I retire, the Model X will likely move to the upcountry)! T minus 11 years 9 months, 3 days, but who's counting, . :)

7. Lump

Lump Active Member

A better tesla road is going from kaanapali to the Nakalele Blowhole, unfortunately it was getting late so we turned back but I am sure continuing on hwy 340 would be perfect for our MS's, I don't think I will be able to return to Maui unless I can rent a MS or retire here with one.