Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

VA Model S owner in Maui

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Drove the road yesterday in a rented Ford Focus, the entire time I was wishing I had my MS instead, the road was recently repaved but as expected lots of tourist with some not having the best driving skills. Our gypsy iPhone app mentioned the road having 650 curves so the MS would have been awesome, I did see a yellow Lamborghini who probably had a grin.

Drove the road yesterday in a rented Ford Focus, the entire time I was wishing I had my MS instead, the road was recently repaved but as expected lots of tourist with some not having the best driving skills. Our gypsy iPhone app mentioned the road having 650 curves so the MS would have been awesome, I did see a yellow Lamborghini who probably had a grin.

The Hana highway with 1-foot driving would be heaven on earth.

We have a small road here with 10 consecutive curves like that, and every time I take it in my Model S I think about how much fun it would be to drive the Hana highway like that.

If I lived in Maui I would totally buy a second Model S just to rent out for this purpose. You'll easily be able to get $125 per day, and it's really a short road, so even a 60 would be fine (with Pano of course).

A better tesla road is going from kaanapali to the Nakalele Blowhole, unfortunately it was getting late so we turned back but I am sure continuing on hwy 340 would be perfect for our MS's, I don't think I will be able to return to Maui unless I can rent a MS or retire here with one.