Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Va rebates?

Jlui83

Jul 25, 2020
Virginia
So i just ordered a MY. This is my first EV. Does VA offer an type of rebates or incentives for buying EV? Just don’t want to miss out on anything.
Thabks

drklain

Dec 17, 2016
Fairfax, VA/Brussels, BE
@boaterva has it right. I forgot to mention the charger rebate. If you install a home charger (Tesla or any other brand), you get a tax credit for that (not a rebate or deduction, but a credit) on your federal taxes that eases the pain a bit. IIRC, the credit went away in 2018 but came back in 2019 and is still in effect.

Xenoilphobe

Jan 2, 2014
Fairfax County, Virginia
Last edited:

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC