Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

VA state inspection in Falls Church / Arlington / Fairfax area

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Does anyone know of an inspection station that knows what they're doing with Teslas and won't improperly jack up my Model 3 (or do something else bad to it)? I'm in Falls Church.

The Tyson's service center is supposed to be able to do it, and I had my car in there for something else last week, but their "inspection equipment was down" whatever that means. Super annoying.

Thanks in advance for any recommendations.

Does anyone know of an inspection station that knows what they're doing with Teslas and won't improperly jack up my Model 3 (or do something else bad to it)? I'm in Falls Church.

The Tyson's service center is supposed to be able to do it, and I had my car in there for something else last week, but their "inspection equipment was down" whatever that means. Super annoying.

Thanks in advance for any recommendations.
I get my inspection done at the BP station on Lee Highway in Arlington. Never had a problem, but I get a good laugh when they ask if I need an emissions inspection before they notice it's a Tesla.

The brake pads can be visually inspected with the wheel covers removed. My inspection station doesn't lift the car up.

I was the first Tesla they inspected ... they had no idea how to move it, so I had to walk them through how things worked. They were pretty blown away when I popped the frunk so they could inspect under the hood.

Best Auto Care
Springfield, VA

Anderson's Sunoco near the intersection of Lee Highway and N. Harrison Street is also very good, although I've never taken a Tesla to them.

With my last (ICE) car, I went to Arlington VA Tires & Auto Repair Shop | Arlington Autocare at Wilson at 10th street in Arlington.

Last July, now with a model 3, the inspector was new. He claimed to know teslas, but 10min into the inspection, he calls me over from the waiting area. He couldn't find the odometer readout, my trunk was open (?!), and car was not jacked/lifted properly. The underside plastic panels seemed to snap back in place, but he didn't have/use jack pads. Almost a year later and the car still drives so no apparent battery damage... but I now feel I would not take a tesla to "whatever shop is closest."

Thanks for this thread. Next time, I will be trying out one of the other recommendations here.

Reactions: Kacey Green