Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

VA State Inspection - Virginia Beach

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My first Virginia State Inspection is coming up for my Model 3. I live in Virginia Beach, Can I take it to a local shop for the inspection or are there preferred places in VB?

Tesla service center manager recommended I go to “rent a lift” off military highway by the 264 interchange for inspection. He said before they had a VB service center they would do repairs there so the tech there is very familiar with the cars.

I took my car there for inspection without issue.

5724 Sellger Drive, Norfolk, VA 23502

otherwise you can take it to any shop you trust that is able to do state inspections.

Tesla service center manager recommended I go to “rent a lift” off military highway by the 264 interchange for inspection. He said before they had a VB service center they would do repairs there so the tech there is very familiar with the cars.

otherwise you can take it to any shop you trust that is able to do state inspections.
Thanks

For completeness sake, there are two inspections in Virginia: Safety Inspection (windshield sticker) and Emissions Inspection (License Plate sticker).

Not sure what they do for Emissions for EVs. Before I got my 3, I moved to Florida, the wild west of car safety.

It's a safety check. All Inspection certified site can handle an inspection. Most may just check your car outside the lot and not even pull it in. (Note: some can't even get in your car if you don't show them. It's fun to give them the key card and watch lol)

This place of business doesn't seem open or when I call te phone is busy.

This place of business doesn't seem open or when I call te phone is busy.
I had used that rent-a-lift in the past because the manager at the Tesla Service Center highly recommended them but the lead tech since left and they moved the shop somewhere else... so I took my car to courthouse imports over by the VB amphitheater last year at the recommendation of the Tesla Service Center and had a good experience. I will take it there again in January when my sticker expires.