Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

VA State Waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm leaving for a year at the end of Nov and ordered the MYLR on 7/4 when it said it was a Sep estimated arrival time. Then I have slowly seen that EDD go up to Nov. So I went ahead and reserved a MYP also, figuring I'll just cancel one of them (most likely the MYLR). My MYP EDD was 1-17 Sep and now it has just been pushed back to 5-25 Oct. Has anyone had their EDD shift an entire month?
What color interior and exterior did you order? I ordered a black on black MYP last week and got my VIN on Wednesday.

I'm leaving for a year at the end of Nov and ordered the MYLR on 7/4 when it said it was a Sep estimated arrival time. Then I have slowly seen that EDD go up to Nov. So I went ahead and reserved a MYP also, figuring I'll just cancel one of them (most likely the MYLR). My MYP EDD was 1-17 Sep and now it has just been pushed back to 5-25 Oct. Has anyone had their EDD shift an entire month?
I'm curious, if you are leaving for a year, why would you want to buy a car that will sit around for a year? Unless you are taking the car with you, in which case maybe order to pick up where you will be at for the next year?

I'm curious, if you are leaving for a year, why would you want to buy a car that will sit around for a year? Unless you are taking the car with you, in which case maybe order to pick up where you will be at for the next year?
I originally purchased the car in Jul with a Sep estimated arrival date. It’s been pushed back two months. I’ll be bringing the car with me. I’m not sure that my current car can make it to FL. Haha

Last edited:
  • Funny
Reactions: alekaras
It depends on the county. Mine is $3.75 per $100 assessed value. My MYP was $61,000, but value goes down off the lot, so I’d say around $2,000.
How do you calculate that? Is it $3.75 per $100 assessed value for the full amount? Wasn’t sure if it was a different rate for different amounts. The total came out to $2,287.50 but that doesn’t include tax relief right? I read it is off the MSRP for a new car and the NADA (Clean Title) for subsequent years.

How do you calculate that? Is it $3.75 per $100 assessed value for the full amount? Wasn’t sure if it was a different rate for different amounts. The total came out to $2,287.50 but that doesn’t include tax relief right? I read it is off the MSRP for a new car and the NADA (Clean Title) for subsequent years.
The language that I saw on my county’s website said it was of the assessed value. i read that to mean, whatever it’s assessed at during tax time, is what you would get charged for. With the crazy used car market now, it could be 2287.

Here is the full list of line items on my Richmond VA based purchase if you want to see taxes and fees

Price Details​

Model Y
$39,990.00
Black and White Premium Interior
$1,000.00
Deep Blue Metallic
$1,000.00
Long Range All-Wheel Drive
$12,000.00
Destination Fee
$1,125.00
Documentation Fee
$75.00
Order Fee
$100.00
Car Price
$55,290.00

Additional Charges​

Title Fee
$15.00
Registration Amount
$197.95
Online Systems Filing Fee
$19.99
Sales Tax
$2,294.54

Total Cost of Vehicle​

$57,817.48​

Oh sorry maybe you meant person property tax in VA? That confused the heck out of me. I finally made a spreadsheet based on my existing vehicles until I finally got the formula(s) correct. The 6 mo tax is =B4*$C$1/2 (percent times assess divided by two) and the relief is =C4*$D$1 (tax times 45%). Now... hmmm.. why did I come up with 45% as my overall relief? I forgot. :-(

4.28%45.00%
VehicleAssessmentTax (6 mo)ReliefBalanceLicenseTotal (6 months)
Tesla$52,000$1,112.80$500.76$612.0445.75$657.79

Here is the full list of line items on my Richmond VA based purchase if you want to see taxes and fees

Price Details​

Model Y
$39,990.00
Black and White Premium Interior
$1,000.00
Deep Blue Metallic
$1,000.00
Long Range All-Wheel Drive
$12,000.00
Destination Fee
$1,125.00
Documentation Fee
$75.00
Order Fee
$100.00
Car Price
$55,290.00

Additional Charges​

Title Fee
$15.00
Registration Amount
$197.95
Online Systems Filing Fee
$19.99
Sales Tax
$2,294.54

Total Cost of Vehicle​

$57,817.48​

Damn. Mine is the exact same price, but black interior and white exterior since LR is $14,000 now... I'll be pissed if it goes back down.

Hello Virginia peeps. I am not sure what I did to deserve this stroke of luck but I logged in today and magically I had a VIN and my EDD was Aug 25th - 28th. Previously it was Nov 2nd - 22nd. Looks like the vehicle was either rejected or financing fell through. I am scrambling now to get financing sorted out in 2 days but it is good stress to have. Scheduled pick up in Glen Allen on 8/28.

Well folks, after bailing on my May LR order due to a month of being permanently stuck in two weeks from EDD torture, I snapped up an inventory P I like if not only to prove that even though you have a VIN you’re still lucky to actually get the car. Tesla is currently quoting 4-5 weeks for new P orders. Based on info as of today it will likely take them that long to get the car to me from date of VIN! I continue to watch my delivery dates get pushed back while my car is on a train headed east! 🥴
oh and my wife starts work next week and I don’t have a car because of course I sold it when Tesla told me I was 10 days from delivery

fun times!

MY LR, MSM, Inductions.

So OD:6/8, VIN 8/20, Delivery 9/3. Pretty much within the range that Tesla indicated when I ordered. More towards the longer end, 13 weeks.

Being overseas and not returning until 8/29, I was actually more worried about an early delivery, so pretty chill about the whole thing. Now that I got my delivery date, however, I'm on pins and needles. Kinda when you're hungry, but go for 2-3 hours without food and it doesn't bother you. But when you sit down at a restaurant, you basically want your food NOW!

Reactions: RudeDude