Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vacation Rental Properties w/EV Chargers

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
(mods - can we make this a sticky?)

I wish that sites like AirBNB, HomeAway and other similar ones had the capability of filtering properties with EV charging facilities. Unfortunately they don't. Until then, I thought it would be useful to create a thread where we can share properties we've found/stayed at that have dedicated chargers here in the UK or on the continent (I'm thinking 3.5/7/11/22 kw or outdoor 3-pin plugs). Zapmap is great with proper hotels but it is lacking when it comes to these types of properties.

WDYT?

I have the first one. My wife and I are doing a quick jaunt around Wales at Easter and we booked this apartment: Luxury Apartment with stunning views of Dryslwyn Castle & Towy River Valley - Carmarthen It has a 7 kw Zappi outside with Type 2 plugs (and a type 1 if you have someone coming along with a non-Tesla EV).

Has anyone else found a vacation rental that has dedicated EV charging capabilities?

Reactions: Flatchat and Roy W.
There are numerous private properties on booking.com (notably in Germany) advertising EV charging, we are going there in the summer and have yet to actually find one that does, they all tell you where the nearest charge point is - ask before booking

I was in the Cotswolds recently, and found that the Lygon Arms hotel in Broadway has a 50kW CCS / Chademo charger in the car park, and over in Chipping Campden the Cotswold House Hotel has three Tesla Wall Chargers in the car park.

I was in the Cotswolds recently, and found that the Lygon Arms hotel in Broadway has a 50kW CCS / Chademo charger in the car park, and over in Chipping Campden the Cotswold House Hotel has three Tesla Wall Chargers in the car park.

We've stayed at the Hare and Hounds near Tetbury, The Hare and Hounds Hotel, Tetbury , a couple of times and they have a 7 kW charge point, and we've also stayed in one of the cottages that are a part of The Broadway Hotel, Broadway, and the hotel also has a 7 kW charge point that those staying in the cottages can use: Holiday Cottages in The Cotswolds // Dog Friendly // The Broadway.

(mods - can we make this a sticky?)

I wish that sites like AirBNB, HomeAway and other similar ones had the capability of filtering properties with EV charging facilities. Unfortunately they don't. Until then, I thought it would be useful to create a thread where we can share properties we've found/stayed at that have dedicated chargers here in the UK or on the continent (I'm thinking 3.5/7/11/22 kw or outdoor 3-pin plugs). Zapmap is great with proper hotels but it is lacking when it comes to these types of properties.

Problem is if we have 100's of pages of links nobody is going to go through them all, better idea is plugshare or zap map as they do allow private ones to be listed.

We rent out a small cottage (independent of the big sites) in the Scottish Borders. Not exactly "dedicated" charging but we offer use of our own charge point (next door) by arrangement... which would be easy enough for us to accommodate.

Half House Cottage St Mary's Loch – Self-catering cottage in the Scottish Borders
Bookmarked !

I'm planning on retiring in a couple of years time and moving up to somewhere in the borders so this year I want to take a few short holidays to do some recces (just about to head to the cheviots for a week) and that looks like a good spot :)

Reactions: Adopado and Roy W.