TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Vacaville to Harris Ranch?

Discussion in 'North America' started by Hometheatremaven, Sep 13, 2014.

1. Hometheatremaven

Has anyone done Vacaville SC to Harris Ranch SC without supplemental charging?
    i have a S85 that maxs at 253 RM.

2. napabill

napabill Active Member

I've done Napa to Harris Ranch several times, which I believe is a bit farther. Just stay at <=70mph. I typically had about 30-40 rated miles when I arrived. Just remember, Speed Kills!:smile:

3. Cottonwood

Cottonwood Roadster#433, Model S#S37

If you are concerned, and it's not a bad idea to start conservatively, just drop over into the right lane with the trucks. In CA, I believe they have a 55 mph limit. If you go with their flow (60-65), you don't even have to draft to get significant range boosts. If I remember correctly, there are no long climbs or descents on that route, and the 30-mile-average, projected range number will be a pretty good guideline. Leave yourself some buffer, and you should be fine.

4. Racceye

Racceye Member

#4 Racceye, Sep 13, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 14, 2014
    Drove Sonoma (Fairmont) to Harris Ranch on full charge. Disparity between Rated Range and GPS dropped from about 50-60 miles down to 4/5... Drove fairly quickly majority of the way. But with 40 miles left, disparity between rated range/GPS was only about 15 miles. Last 30 minutes/30 miles of the trip were driven behind a truck/SUV at 60-65 mph.

I drive an S85.