Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
  • The final cut of the 9th episode of the Tesla Motors Club Podcast, featuring Chad Schwitters, the former president of Plug In America, is now available. You can watch it now on YouTube or listen to it on all major podcast networks.

Valentine One radar detector mount.

BlenMounts are very clean, I had one on my V1 Gen 2 in my Audi S5 before moving to the Model 3. It has a mirror power tap available as well, but unfortunately there is no switched power in the mirror like a lot of other cars. Some people just remember to turn the radar off or remove it when not driving to avoid the battery drain. Others hardwire it down in the footwell to switched power. Works well.

TwelveVoltMan

He'll make sparks fly round your head
May 14, 2021
Raleigh, NC
I’ve run a few versions of the V1 Gen 1 in five different cars and always used the suction cup mount in conjunction with hardwiring for power in some way (tapping mirrors or sunroof controls, fuse block add a fuse, etc). For now in the Tesla I’m just using the 12v power in the armrest to power the V1 (and the Bluetooth LE module the Gen 1 needs to run V1 Driver). For a mount, I’m just using an inexpensive suction cup phone mount someone here posted about.

A helpful thread:

Are there any radar detector mounts for the Model Y?

Hi! I am new to Tesla and also to this forum. I just finished designing and publishing on Thingiverse a radar detector mounting bracket for the Valentine in a refreshed Model S. I am using it in my car and I am very happy with it. It mounts to the leading edge of the headliner and uses the sun-visor post for stability. No tools required for the install and quickly removable. Here is the link: Radar detector mount for Tesla S by fl_mike. You can find lots of services to print it if you don't have a 3D printer.

in car view2.jpg

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC