Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Valet code reset!?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I put a demo in valet mode today. They used the app to take it out. Was surprised that the code couldn't be changed or deleted from the center console.

Still would like to see profiles that could have attributes set and locked. Max power for one.

Reactions: JohnnyG
Not sure if this will help since your car is salvaged. THis week I had my year service and got a loaner. With the seat all the way back I accedently hit "Valet" and it locked things in that position. I could not access other seat position. I called tesla, and explained. They asked for the VIN and they took the car out of valet mode. ALso, what would happen if you reset everyting (an option in the menu)

I've done this, actually did it on the road trip I bought the car on so didn't even have ownership transferred yet. The fix if you have it transferred is to do it from the app like others have said. Now if you don't have the app you have to call Tesla tell them your situation they will request a copy of your drivers license and registration and you can then disable valet mode.

bump. I bought a CPO Model S about a year ago. I don't recall ever setting up a valet code. I accidentally put it into valet mode today, and finally figured out I could get out of it using the app. But what's the procedure for setting a new code?