Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Valet Damaged our Brand New MYP

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I would rather move out of there than leaving my brand new car with a group of strangers.
Another frustrating aspect is that we're actively looking on leaving the entire San Francisco Bay Area in early 2022.
Also i refuse Valet. One tried to to force at near the beach and Im like sorry I only have my phone no valet card :p Show me where you want me to park it, never an issue so far...Suck your condo makes you do it. Maybe you dont have to after this lol
Oh this is a clever idea -- I might take this :)

I'm just curious how that could happen
Once the repairs are done and things are back to normal, I'm going to prod them a bit to get more details -- they (rightfully so) are very hush-hush with me while the claim is processing. A concierge person told me that it's happened before, too, so I'm betting it's a bad mechanism in a lift that has just never been repaired and some new valet either didn't know / forgot / etc. and put ours on the one that doesn't stop to avoid collisions.

Without the concierge person telling me that, it could have just been super unfortunate -- but then I don't know why they would pretend like everything was fine if it was legitimately not the person's fault and was the actual machine itself.

I have a few scenarios in my head, I really want to know how it all happened too!

Absolutely sucks, and I feel your pain!

I picked up my 21 MYP 9/9/21 and a deer hit me the other day. Yes, a deer hit me! Jumped right into my vehicle's quarter panel. About 9k in damages, so too rich for an out-of-pocket for me, so my insurance is fixing. Nothing structural is wrong, so thats a plus.

I, too, was wondering about diminished value, and am seeings my options as they come. I dont think youre in bad shape though, DM wise.

I picked up my 21 MYP 9/9/21 and a deer hit me the other day. Yes, a deer hit me! Jumped right into my vehicle's quarter panel. About 9k in damages, so too rich for an out-of-pocket for me, so my insurance is fixing. Nothing structural is wrong, so thats a plus.

I, too, was wondering about diminished value, and am seeings my options as they come. I dont think youre in bad shape though, DM wise.
Tesla’s are so damn expensive to repair. Did they say how long yours would take to repair? Just curious. Also, did you get his/her insurance info? 🤔

Oh my, so expensive and such a delay to get that fixed -- I'm pretty concerned about how long it'll take to fix; in my case I can't drive the car at all (I suppose it could be heavily plastic'd up but there's so many little glass shards all over and they still fall off and what not).

Given the high demand, I really doubt Tesla wants to delay a single vehicle just to put new glass on top of mine but we'll see!

Reactions: JaeTheDev
Sorry to hear that dude...unfortunately you got frame damage here. Even a tiny 0.1 mm frame deformation and the related asymmetry will affect your car body's structural rigidity, and its natural resonant frequencies (at least it won't have the same load-bearing spec as when it was brand new out of the factory).

Ask the body shop whether they have the equipment that is capable of the precision level of 0.1mm - those equipment are usually prohibitively expensive, not something a body shop can afford (only giant corporations like Toyota, BMW etc. have money to buy 1-2 units).

• Disagree
Reactions: andaconda
Sorry to hear that dude...unfortunately you got frame damage here. Even a tiny 0.1 mm frame deformation and the related asymmetry will affect your car body's structural rigidity, and its natural resonant frequencies (at least it won't have the same load-bearing spec as when it was brand new out of the factory).

Ask the body shop whether they have the equipment that is capable of the precision level of 0.1mm - those equipment are usually prohibitively expensive, not something a body shop can afford (only giant corporations like Toyota, BMW etc. have money to buy 1-2 units).
Others had mentioned that it doesn't look like the actual frame but rather just a casing that attaches to the actual frame. Not sure how I feel one way or the other yet. If there's actually frame damage then best course of action is to offload the car (or push for a total loss). Would be sad to wait a while and then barely own the car to get back into the queue but I'd rather do that than worry about resale value or other problems arising down the line =/

Others had mentioned that it doesn't look like the actual frame but rather just a casing that attaches to the actual frame. Not sure how I feel one way or the other yet. If there's actually frame damage then best course of action is to offload the car (or push for a total loss). Would be sad to wait a while and then barely own the car to get back into the queue but I'd rather do that than worry about resale value or other problems arising down the line =/
COME ON --- Don't listen to all the 'nay-sayers' out there. Don't let their negativity get you down. Make an appointment to have the roof replaced -- period. The dings in the top rail can be fixed later at your convenience.

Reactions: Corndart

If you had frame damage, you wouldn't be able to open and close the doors on that side of the car. "0.1mm" talk about splitting hairs. I don't think any thing on the model Y has a tolerance that close.