Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Valet For Tesla App

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Been using this app here and there finding it rather convenient to be able to control car functions via my Mac desktop at home and at the office. Can someone confirm this still works in the US? Mine stopped working a while back and if I go to the app store it says the app is not available in your country, me being in Canada? I purchased this and have been using this for months prior.

Got an answer after emailing the app providers. Bottom line is if Tesla does not approve the app then it will not work so basically any app that needs updating will eventually fail. This is bad news as there are a few out there like Stats which is quite popular.

Here is the response I got.

Tesla recently made a change to their login system that requires us to update the app. Normally, that wouldn't be a problem, however Apple recently made a policy change preventing apps from using unofficial APIs from Tesla. Ultimately, this means we are not allowed to update the app, and therefore have no way to make it work again until either Tesla makes their API official, or Apple changes their approach on approving updates. We're extremely frustrated and disappointed, and monitor the situation daily to look for potential options. We've removed the app from sale in the mean time, and keep pushing to do everything we can to get it back and working.

• Disagree
Reactions: E_R_N
Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: angus[Y]oung