TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Valet Instructions with Keyfob Leash

Discussion in 'Model S: User Interface' started by wcalvin, Aug 14, 2013.

1. wcalvin

wcalvin Member

Here is my version of valet instructions.

Valet.JPG
    Print, then fold on the line.
    Remember to add your cell number (and maybe license plate) before laminating.

Then punch a hole in one end of the laminate. Through it, loop the wrist strap of this keyfob leash:

wristband-fob.jpg
    Many types are available for small cameras. Just search for "wrist strap." Avoid ones with rings.

INSTRUCTIONS FOR USE

• Keep the card in the driver's leather seat pocket or the sub-display cubbyhole.
    • Keep the keyfob leash on you (I loop it through a belt loop and let it dangle into the pants' pocket below).
    • Go over the instruction card with the valet, then attach it to the keyfob leash and hand over.
    Since a different valet is likely to retrieve your Model S, this scheme ensures that the second valet gets the instructions before reaching the car.

2. astrotoy

astrotoy Member

Thanks for sharing. I am printing it right now to put on my fob. Great work.

3. brianman

brianman Burrito Founder

Nice work on the instructions. For me though, they reinforced my existing thinking -- I'm frankly afraid to let valet people come near my new-fangled rocket-car.

4. vfx

vfx Well-Known Member

I would add something like tihs:

This car is a computer on wheels.
    It records all acceleration, speed, distance and it's precise location.
    It also transmits this data to my cell phone 24-7.

5. gaswalla

gaswalla P4201/85/airsusp/pano/19i

vfx's note is a key message to pass on.

6. tnawara

tnawara Member

Heck, I don't like giving my current car to a valet - I highly doubt I'll be handing over the keys to my Model S.

7. NJ Plugin

NJ Plugin Member

Nicely done wcalvin.

There are a few different versions online, but you could pull up the following page on your screen/browser for a warning and instructions for a valet attendant.

http://nojoyride.weebly.com/

8. Btrflyl8e

Btrflyl8e Active Member

Great idea for those who are trusting... I am with some of the others and don't hand over any car to a valet. No one drives my cars but me! (Other than a random test drive of my S to someone who might buy one, of course)!