Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

valet mode and settings

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just got my 2021 Model 3. I live in a high rise with valet parking. These valet guys sometimes mess around with the car settings. I have my locking feature on walk-away locking. Recently I noticed it didn't lock when I left it on the street, and I checked and the walk-away setting had been set to off. Also the mirror settings and various other settings had been changed. No-one else has access to my car so I'm pretty sure the valet did it. So I figure I will use the valet mode from now on. I thought valet mode would not allow them to change the various car settings. But I tested it and I was disappointed to find that this was not the case. While in valet mode, I changed some of the settings (walk-away locking, mirror folding, etc) and then went back to my own profile thinking that my profile would remain unaltered. But the settings I made while in valet mode carried over to my own profile. So the valet mode allows the valet to change all my profile settings???? Is the valet mode not a distinct profile of its own with its own settings? Am I missing something? How can I protect my settings from alteration by the valet?

• Informative
Reactions: Watts_Up
I would have expected Valet Mode settings changes to be independent of your profile, but apparently not (based on your findings, I didn’t try this myself). Next time, switch to a different profile before switching to Valet Mode. I also have to wonder why you would put up with the valets messing with the settings — tell them not do that.

Upvote 0
Hey gang, I was looking for the valet mode on my 2021, and went setting by setting, and ZILCH! Where the heck is it? Or is it only on the app? I haven't checked there.

As far as profile-dependent settings, there are MANY that are not, unfortunately. In fact, most settings are not profile dependent; only seat/mirror controls, and maybe audio ones. But all driving menu settings, autopilot menu settings, safety menu settings, etc., are profile independent, at least on my 2021.

Upvote 0