Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Valet Mode confusion

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Unless something has changed in recent models valet mode does not require pin to drive. Valet mode reduces top speed, locks glovebox and does not let the valet see your previous navigation data. Driver should be able to drive your car with fob or keycard without your pin. it has been a while since I’ve used valet mode so I could be wrong with all the updates. 2017MS.

Upvote 0
I have used valet mode recently in my refresh ms. It operates as described above. You turn on valet mode and set the pin. I also set a top speed limit of 50 mph. Then you turn over your car with key to the valet.

Fortunately my valet was very familiar with teslas (including regen braking etc which could confuse someone who has never encountered) and in fact they had dedicated Tesla wall connectors that he connected my car to.

Just remember to exit valet mode when you get your car back.

Upvote 0
Unless something has changed in recent models valet mode does not require pin to drive. Valet mode reduces top speed, locks glovebox and does not let the valet see your previous navigation data. Driver should be able to drive your car with fob or keycard without your pin. it has been a while since I’ve used valet mode so I could be wrong with all the updates. 2017MS.
The OP wasn’t referring to PIN to Drive, they were talking about the Valet Mode PIN, which is something else.

Upvote 0