Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Valet Mode Races

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

brianman

Burrito Founder
Nov 10, 2011
Over dinner I was pondering the idea of Valet Mode Races sometime during the weekend at TMC Connect this year. It seems like a good equalizer across the Model S line.

Note: We may need a separate class for Roadsters that want to participate in Valet Mode racing.

I drive the occasional truck that has a speed limiter. Once you get through the gears, you just hold the accelerator to the floor and keep it there... works well as a cruise control. :)

My first car was a '65 LandCruiser. It had a throttle lever on the dash. Pushed in, the pedal did its thing. Pull the throttle lever out a bit, and it would hold the RPM (and pushing the peddle in more would accelerate, lifting would go back to the throttle setting. I used it occasionally on the interstate, it more or less acted as a cruise control...

- - - Updated - - -

What is that little circular "80" shown in the speedometer? Is that an "over the speed limit" indicator? I would not mind seeing that in my Classic S, even if it's from GPS map data.

That's the speed limit warning... Avail on the Auto Pilot equipped cars, and is based on the camera seeing speed limit signs, supplemented with GPS data (I wish they'd enable the GPS portion of that on Classic cars...). The circle-style speed limit signs are used outside the US -- US cars have a rectangular sign shown...