Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Valet mode - tinting

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If you dont trust Tint shop with driving your car, why would you trust it doing your tint? As long as they can lock unlock car, and lower and raise windows, you good

I am sure most people don't have a regular relationship with a tint shop.

Most of the new cars, the dealership installs tint, so most of the time people won't have to get their car tinted!

It has been well over 15+ years since I had to go to a tint shop, but I know I will when I get my Model 3!

I am sure most people don't have a regular relationship with a tint shop.

Most of the new cars, the dealership installs tint, so most of the time people won't have to get their car tinted!

It has been well over 15+ years since I had to go to a tint shop, but I know I will when I get my Model 3!
I’m not sure where you live, but almost everywhere I’ve lived, the dealership doesn’t offer tint or it is absolute garbage tint.

I also wouldn’t be concerned about the tint shop. Tint does not need a test drive. If they drive your car aside from in and out of the building, there is a problem.

Just put it in Valet Mode and turn off Sentry while they work.

You should make sure they know to be careful with excess water when doing the windshield. They should wrap everything and use the absorptive rope around the edges. Hopefully they know this, but Model 3 is not an easy car to tint.

I just got tint last week. Valet mode, disable Sentry Mode, and make the keycard a guest profile for seating and steering wheel position. I think they kinda ruined my trunk storage lid when they did the rear glass. The fabric pills really easily. I’d suggest covering the trunk carpeted area with a large towel or something.

I am a tinter and a Tesla owner...

When I get a tesla and it is in Valet mode it is weird and a bad start, they already don’t trust me and are possibly paranoid.

I don’t plan on looking in your Frunk and glovebox. You can see on the app if I drive it anyways (why would I?)

If I am doing PPF I need to open the frunk so I have had to call the owner to turn it off.

Reactions: Ejl80