Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Valet Mode

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Had to valet my new MY P last night. Put it in Valet Mode and while it made several things in accessible, one of the most
important things I thought it would block was sport mode? I would have thought for sure that Valet mode would
lock the car to chill mode but this was NOT the case. I just tried it again a few times in my driveway and sure
enough you can still drive in Sport Mode with valet enabled?

Had to valet my new MY P last night. Put it in Valet Mode and while it made several things in accessible, one of the most
important things I thought it would block was sport mode? I would have thought for sure that Valet mode would
lock the car to chill mode but this was NOT the case. I just tried it again a few times in my driveway and sure
enough you can still drive in Sport Mode with valet enabled?
You can also use the app to limit the top speed when having to valet. Unfortunately can't be too careful!

Reactions: Marcust99
Don’t valets just park and retrieve cars? Why the paranoia over the car being in sport mode? Can’t go THAT fast in a parking lot!
The assumption is that there will be some Ferris Bueller-style adventure being had while the car’s owner is inside the restaurant/theater/whatever.

The useful parts of valet mode seem to be locking out the glovebox, hiding personal information on the screen, limiting the speed, and adjusting the acceleration curve to be a little less punchy. Valets taking cars for a joyride is an HR problem for the valet company or venue. Technology sometimes mitigates, but rarely solves, HR problems.

Don’t valets just park and retrieve cars? Why the paranoia over the car being in sport mode? Can’t go THAT fast in a parking lot!

Heh. One of the YouTube channels has some video of a valet navigating a parking garage way too fast and then panicking a bit and hitting the accelerator instead of the brake pedal. As I recall it hit hard enough to do damage to multiple cars.

Reactions: angus[Y]oung
I've read articles where valets take cars around the block for quick runs to see how fast the cars are and they end up wrecking the cars. We only see those because they wrecked the cars and got caught. Imagine how many don't get caught and do those joy rides...

@jf64k

giphy.gif