Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Valet Mode

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Come on Tesla! We're supposed to be the most technically advanced car! Where is this simple feature we've been begging for, for years now? Even the 2015 Corvettes now have it.

2015 Corvette Valet Mode: Exclusive to Corvette | Chevrolet - YouTube

WOW, that's so cool! Yea I can't believe we don't have a valet mode. Really hoped it would make it into 6.0 now who knows how long we'll have to wait! At least let us lock the glove box, limit the speed, keep them from turning off Mobile Access and alert us if it is driven more than a certain # feet.

+1 SOOOOOO NEEDED!!! Come on Tesla!!!! Get with it!

Come on Tesla! We're supposed to be the most technically advanced car! Where is this simple feature we've been begging for, for years now? Even the 2015 Corvettes now have it.

True...but I think GM should of paid attention to other things on the 2015 Corvette than valet mode...

GM issues stop sales for two Corvette defects | The Detroit News

Uh....yeah....I'll stick with my non-valet mode Model S for now....although I agree valet mode would be nice...

Not that I would ever let anybody else drive my Tesla if I had one, but I seriously cant understand why this is taking so long? It is one of the oldest and most often voiced requests and it should be super easy to implement with some software.

Limit the max amps the inverter pushes through the motor and the max revs so the car doesn't go faster than say 20mph and accelerates like a VW Bug. Does anybody have an idea what the issue is?

Picture? Thanks.

Really? Where? No such thing in my iPhone app.
What do you know... he's right! It's hidden in the app, but the assets for it are there, here's a bitmap screenshot (it didn't feel right posting the actual asset):
Screen Shot 2014-09-27 at 3.33.05 PM.png

As a note, the assets in the iPhone app are fascinating. There's a ton of old stuff in there. You can see all kinds of early layouts, and imagery going back all the way to Model S Beta 1.

The icons for the side menu are: Home (Main Controls), Notifications, Password, Roadside, Settings, Sign Out, Sleep, Switch, and Valet.

What do you know... he's right! It's hidden in the app, but the assets for it are there, here's a bitmap screenshot (it didn't feel right posting the actual asset):
View attachment 60175
As a note, the assets in the iPhone app are fascinating. There's a ton of old stuff in there. You can see all kinds of early layouts, and imagery going back all the way to Model S Beta 1.

The icons for the side menu are: Home (Main Controls), Notifications, Password, Roadside, Settings, Sign Out, Sleep, Switch, and Valet.

Ummmm.....translation? For those of us that are not developers and don't possess SDK...

This valet mode has one major flaw -- it doesn't limit the speed so some goofball can take it out on the road speed to his or her delight. When it comes, Tesla's valet mode will be far superior, I'm sure. We just have to be patient. I'm sure it's coming.

Not in my V2 iPhone app. I have: Main Controls, Notifications, Calendar, Sign Out.

That's all.

These are assets in the application resources; they do not show up on your phone screen yet. Just like the icons for notifications and calendar that didn't show up in the app until you got version 6 on your Tesla. Once the valet functions and roadside assistance functions are enabled on your Tesla, it appears the app at least has the icon resources ready for these functions.

Thanks for the info, it is great to know that they are at least working on it in some fashion. I agree, this is something they should have focused on priority vs. releasing the Calendar app in 6.0 This is a very needed and basic feature!

View attachment 60175