TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Valet mode

Discussion in 'Model X' started by cmc5dc, Jul 15, 2016.

1. cmc5dc

cmc5dc Member

I.wish that if in valet mode one can't open the fwd without disabling. On numerous occasions I've monitored via app. valet opening the fwd and each time I worry that it will hit an underground garage beam or obstacle. Any drawbacks and if not maybe it can be an ota update if enough requested it.

• Like x 3
    • Helpful x 1
    • Love x 1
  2. Xponential

Xponential Member

#2 Xponential, Jul 15, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 15, 2016
    I think it's a good idea. No insurmountable drawbacks I can think of. Sure, there could be some corner cases related to emergency situations, but that could be addressed with a clear and prominent warning on the touchscreen (e.g. "the owner of this vehicle will be alerted on their mobile device - are you SURE you want to open this FWD?"). That will make most valet drivers think twice about playing with the doors.

Probably not a high-priority feature request in the large scheme of things, though. I've let a valet park my X only once in the 4 months I've had it.

• Like x 1
  3. Chewy3

Chewy3 If MacGvyer had a beard

Its a bit much - but I would love a programmable Valet Mode. User sets top speed, max power, what doors/locks work, access to apps/user data. A lot of possibilities if people want to lend their car to friends or their kids..

4. cmc5dc

cmc5dc Member

Nice ideas. I noticed my trunk was opened as well, wth.

5. xkwizit

xkwizit Member

I wrote to TM a while back on this to disable the FWD as well as auto present for the driver door. There's absolutely no need to auto present the driver door for the valet ..valet for a valet :confused:
    Also, another thing I had pointed out was the valet is able to see recent five places you visited and that can include home and work. There's no need for the valet to be able to see the last 5places I went to.

• Like x 4
  6. AlMc

AlMc 'Senior Moments' member

7. Blastphemy

Blastphemy Member

Did you know that Valet Mode can't be disabled while driving? So if you pick up your car at the valet and forget to disable Valet Mode before driving away, you're stuck with the slow acceleration and capped top speed until you can find a place to park.