TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Valet parking guys drive it all, what do they think is the best car ?

Discussion in 'Model S: Driving Dynamics' started by joer00, Aug 23, 2013.

1. joer00

joer00 Member

Yesterday at my favorite pub one of the servers saw me arriving with my P85. He immediately came to our table stating that he works at a valet parking where they mostly have fancy cars. He drove almost everything and told me the Tesla was the best he ever drove and that it is faster than a Ferrari :) His argument was that while the Ferrari might be faster on the records, hitting the gas they all roar first and then accelerate with a time lack, while the immediate and quite acceleration of the P85 is unmatched. He was asking why not everybody buys this car ?

This is once again one of the best advertising Tesla can get.

2. brianstorms

brianstorms Member

Sort of. As long as the advertisement isn't,

Narrator: 4 out of 5 valet drivers agree: Tesla Model S is the best car in the world.

Valet driver: Nothing beats Tesla for driving crazy fast in and around the tight corners of the parking garage and, if the boss isn't looking, out on to the highway for a few minutes of total insanity!

Narrator: Tesla Model S. The valet's choice. Visit your nearest Tesla Store or teslamotors.com today.

3. phat78boy

phat78boy Member

This is exactly why I hate to have my car driven by a valet. No matter how prestigous the place, when they get out of site...they floor it. Should they ding or scratch your car, which has happened to me before, its almost impossible to get them to repair to your satisfaction.

I do agree with his thoughts however.

4. gregincal

gregincal Active Member

Except with the Model S and a smart phone, the car is never "out of your sight".

5. Puyallup Bill

Puyallup Bill Member

How long before they realize they can turn off access?:eek:

6. HHHH

HHHH Member

Hopefully by then we will have Valet Mode that limits the speed to desired preference.

7. kcveins

kcveins delivery 2/7

I would raise holy he** if they did this - only one reason for it...

8. phat78boy

phat78boy Member

I hope Valet Mode will prevent any touchscreen interaction, disable glove box (probably not be doable), limit power output, and finally limit speed.

If it does do those items...will valet guys still prefer the Model S?

9. MartinAustin

MartinAustin Active Member

Valet Mode could also record the car's GPS position, so that later, you can look at the route the valets took and ask them what they were doing if they went the long way around :) (The recording would be delta-compressed, so that if the car sits for 3hrs while you're away, or even 3 weeks, it doesn't take up a bunch of data space)

I concur about the speed limit. If Valet Mode limits speed to, say, 40mph, it remains set that way until Valet Mode is turned off - by you.

Even BMWs don't have that feature!

10. GasDoc

GasDoc Member

I read in another thread that during a software update, access to the glove box is disabled. So it is possible to disable access to the glove compartment via software.

11. brianman

brianman Burrito Founder

My thoughts on the matter: