Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Valet Parking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
First off, I hope that this is in the right Model S forum category. Have any 2021 MS owners trusted valets with parking their cars? Because of the new interface (swipe up for Reverse and down for Drive) I’m apprehensive that a valet may crash my car. For that reason I have self parked. With the Christmas shopping season upon us, valet parking may be the only option.

• Funny
Reactions: ucmndd
The refreshed S is one of the most popular cars in its price class, one of the most famous vehicles in the world, and has been in the market for six months now. I'd be really surprised if the valet staff at any reputable facility wasn't familiar with it. They get hundreds and hundreds of cars to park every day. Yours certainly won't be the first S they've seen.

I’m apprehensive that a valet may crash my car.
How are they going to crash it if they can’t make it move? Disable the auto gear selection so there’s no chance of it choosing wrong and go on your way. They’ll figure it out.

With the Christmas shopping season upon us
So glad we’ve dropped all of the “Jesus is the reason for the season” BS and can now openly call things like they are. It’s time to go BUY THINGS, and I need to be certain the valet can park my fancy car! 😆

Reactions: gadelrosario
It's almost as if Tesla's designers are actually science fiction writers who never operate in reality. I'm really curious what a valet would do with this. Tesla could also have a different display on the screen that's just a giant P R N D they could touch, and remove all the other controls. "VALET MODE".
This is actually a REALLY good idea that would solve one of my biggest concerns with the new "educated guess" PRND system in the new cars. Tesla needs to implement this immediately.

The refreshed S is one of the most popular cars in its price class, one of the most famous vehicles in the world, and has been in the market for six months now. I'd be really surprised if the valet staff at any reputable facility wasn't familiar with it. They get hundreds and hundreds of cars to park every day. Yours certainly won't be the first S they've seen.
On paper, sure. In reality most people you encounter in the wild still don't know what a Tesla is and the ones that do think they're hybrids that also use gas. These are the people out & about and not on an internet forum that make up the 99% you'll come in contact with. I can explain it to the valet when I drop it off (maybe) but there's no guarantee that the same one will be bringing it back. Pretty solid chance they won't.

On paper, sure. In reality most people you encounter in the wild still don't know what a Tesla is and the ones that do think they're hybrids that also use gas.
OP is talking about using the valet at high-end shopping centers. In Los Angeles. "Can you drive a Tesla?" is question #2 on the interview sheet, right after "do you have the legal right to work in the US?"

• Funny
OP is talking about using the valet at high-end shopping centers. In Los Angeles. "Can you drive a Tesla?" is question #2 on the interview sheet, right after "do you have the legal right to work in the US?"
Ha! My son was a valet at a high end hotel this summer. I can assure you there is no "interview sheet" before they are put out there driving cars. He's been in my car many times but has never driven it and had to call me after parking his first Tesla to ask how to turn it off.

Reactions: Ostrichsak