Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Valet pin

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi

I set the valet pin from my Tesla app and then turned on valet mode. I then went to the car and switched profiles back to me at which point the car asks for the pin, obviously. When typing in the pin in the car I just set in the app the car rejects it. The only way to shut off valet mode is by my app. Am I doing something wrong? Has anyone else exhibited this issue with their valet pin?

I thought this was a fluke to and tried to reset the pin again multiple times in the app on my phone to no avail. Inputting the pin in the car to get out of valet mode does nothing. It keeps rejecting me.

Have you taken a look at the information tesla puts out about valet mode in the manual?

(copy / paste from the link above)
=========================================

Valet Mode​

When Model 3 is in Valet mode, the following restrictions apply:
  • Speed is limited to 70 mph (113 km/h).
  • Maximum acceleration and power are limited.
  • Front trunk and glovebox are locked.
  • Home and Work locations are not available in the navigation system.
  • Voice commands are disabled.
  • Autopilot convenience features are disabled.
  • The Allow Mobile Access setting cannot be changed
  • HomeLink (if applicable in your market region) is not accessible.
  • Driver Profiles are not accessible.
  • The touchscreen does not display the list of keys that can access Model 3 (see Managing Keys).
  • Wi-Fi and Bluetooth are disabled. When Model 3 is in Valet mode, you cannot pair new Bluetooth devices or view or delete existing paired devices. However, if a Bluetooth-paired device or a known Wi-Fi network is within range, Model 3 connects to it.

Starting Valet Mode​

With Model 3 in Park, touch the driver profile icon at the top of the Controls screen, then touch Valet Mode.
The first time you enter Valet mode, the touchscreen prompts you to create a 4-digit PIN you will use to cancel Valet mode.
When Valet mode is active, the touchscreen displays the word Valet and the Valet mode driver profile displays on the touchscreen.
You can also use the mobile app to start and cancel Valet mode (provided Model 3 is in Park). When using the mobile app, you do not need to enter a PIN because you are already required to log into the app using your Tesla Account credentials.
Note
If the PIN to Drive setting is enabled (see PIN to Drive), you must enter the driving PIN before you can define or enter a Valet PIN. Once in Valet mode, Model 3 can be driven without the valet needing to enter the driving PIN.
Note
The PIN to Drive setting is not available when Valet mode is active.
If you forget your valet PIN, reset it from inside Model 3 by entering your Tesla Account credentials (which also cancels Valet mode). You can also reset your PIN using the mobile app.

Canceling Valet Mode​

With Model 3 in Park, touch the Valet Mode driver profile icon at the top of the Controls screen, and enter your 4-digit PIN.
When you cancel Valet mode, all settings associated with the most recently used driver profile and climate control settings are restored, and all features are available.
Note
You do not need to enter a PIN to cancel Valet mode from the mobile app.

Thank you @jjrandorin. I have read that multiple times. You can also create a PIN remotely from the app. The issue is that the pin from the app doesnt translate to the pin in the car so there is something not snycing. Trying to understand if others had this issue

I have only created the pin in the car, so dont know. I created the pin in the car, then when I turned it on in the app, it doesnt require a pin to turn on in the app (like it says) but turning it off in the car does require the pin.

Perhaps you have found a hole in the workflow? I would suggest creating the pin in the car, which is what the directions mention to do.