Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Valet Service No Longer Free at Service Center, instead $3 per mile

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My Service Advisor from Rockville, MD told me today, valet service will no longer be complimentary at the Rockville Service Center. Instead they will charge $3 per mile for valet service. Our early VIN Model S has required about 10 different service visits over two years of ownership. Tesla valet service has made these service experiences easy. FYI, Valet service is where a loaner car is dropped off at a convenient location and your Model S/Roadster is driven in for service. When finished, your vehicle is driven back to your convenient location and the loaner is returned.

My Service Advisor from Rockville, MD told me today, valet service will no longer be complimentary at the Rockville Service Center. Instead they will charge $3 per mile for valet service. Our early VIN Model S has required about 10 different service visits over two years of ownership. Tesla valet service has made these service experiences easy. FYI, Valet service is where a loaner car is dropped off at a convenient location and your Model S/Roadster is driven in for service. When finished, your vehicle is driven back to your convenient location and the loaner is returned.

Perhaps that's because you're in Owings Mills and the service center is in Rockville? I've heard that service centers have restricted valet service to 10 miles. Will Tesla be opening a service center in the Baltimore area now that the law passed allowing Tesla to open more locations in Maryland?

As has been mentioned elsewhere, I've now had to tell multiple people not to buy the car because it's impossible to get service.

There aren't enough service centers. People who live 200+ miles from a service center generally simply can't buy the car now. I think this is a pretty dumb move on Tesla's part.

I am taking my P85 in for its annual check to a service center 350 miles away. I am driving it in myself so no valet charges. Tesla is providing a loaner car.

People in this same area have had their vehicle taken to the service center on a flat bed truck when it couldn't run. It was covered by Tesla, but that was last year.

Mike

So at $3/mile.... I'm about 250 miles from the nearest service center... So that's $1000 to send my car in?

wtf.

What if my car breaks and needs to be fixed in the service center? Is that $1000 on me?

I think Tesla expanded their free towing range to 500 miles. So if the car is not driveable they would tow it for free. But that still leaves with you having to figure out a way to get to the service center once your car is fixed.